Successful Compile with VS 2008!!

Ah, I think we ran into that when we migrated ppremake to support VC2008. There’s an additional compilation step that is now needed as of VC2008. You have to use mt.exe to post-process all of the .dll’s and .exe’s for some reason now.

David

Yup, that’s what MSDN says, too:
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235560(VS.80.aspx

But makepanda already seems to do that:

mt -manifest built/bin/pzip.exe.manifest -outputresource:built/bin/pzip.exe;1

(also for dll’s, but with ;2 appended)

Well, then, I dunno. :frowning:

David

Ah, it appears I still had some conflicting libs around or so. A recompile worked fine.

I think I’m going to make vc9 the default for 1.6.

EDIT: w00t
imgbin.org/images/330.png

I’m also getting a R6034 runtime error. I’m building a debug opt1 build w/ vc 2005 (though 2008 is also installed). For me it happens when the python code from extension_native_helpers.py (Dtool_PreloadDLL) tries to load libpandaexpress_d.dll

There is a manifest along with the .dll and running the mt tool as described on the manifest / dll doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Is there anything else you did besides just doing a clean build? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hmm, I don’t really remember anymore, sorry. I did swap around some VC++ runtime files but I don’t know precisely what.

Just to let you all know: The upcoming 1.6.0 release uses VC2008. I’ve entirely dropped support for VC2005 so I highly encourage all C++ developers to upgrade with the 1.6.0 release.

maybe a silly question (im new to trying to compile big projects like this)

it seems to need a new thrid party folder, and since that isn’t on the cvs, and the downloads section only offers the 1.5.4 third party folder (which is for vc8) i can’t see a way to compile 1.6.0. Anything I’m missing?

Nope, the new thirdparty zip will be released with the upcoming 1.6.0 release of panda, which is due very soon.

ah, ok.

Should really have guessed as much considering the manual is updated to compiling 1.6.0…

Can someone post a new link to the rar file for the makepanda files. They seem to be broken. Thanks