shaders?

OK Colossus, and Blackout. They show perfect use of the shaders, or ability panda3d has to offer, yet they don’t really exist? Granted there are screen shots but no links to a site. I did some searching and fun nothing.

I’m not trying to say they are not legit but I’m interested in seeing what some one has already done with panda as far as the advance shading goes. Can any one provide a link to a finish game or demo that really has impressive image quality.

Obviously, you haven’t seen the Nature Demo, which makes incredible use of shaders:
https://discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic.php?t=2385

By the way. Doesn’t this topic belong in another forum?

Ah perhaps, thx for the link. This is what I would like to see however I still ave no working complier for windows and Panda32. I have not install g++ yet hopefully later if times allow thx for the link.

why not trying it with an pre-compiled binary?

Regards, Bigfoot29

ulao has a point, having Colossus or Blackout or both would help people have a better understanding of the shader management in panda.

More generally, the sample of panda are very good but a bit simple, a more ambitious examples could show how to connect the dots (instead of focusing on one precise point). A very simple but complete game/simulation would do it (with current tech i.e shader).

Good idea. You guys should get the code from the author of those programs, and then port it to work on monitor/mouse. Both of those were written by Bei Yang (Bei.Yang at disney).

However, my team this semester is doing a lot of work to make shaders easier to use. So I’m not sure a tutorial showing the old, difficult way is really that useful.

Could you, please, post a quick update on the current progress?

Long story short, it looks like they’ll have automatic use of normal maps, automatic use of gloss maps, and pretty good support for HDR and depth of field. Probably not shadows, not by the end of the semester.

I’m not trying to say they are not legit but I’m interested in seeing what some one has already done with panda as far as the advance shading goes. Can any one provide a link to a finish game or demo that really has impressive image quality.

Its in the front page of this forum: Deferred Pipeline w/ Physically Based Shading