Forward Only: strategic rogue-like game

No fale - )

2 Likes

Hi, all!

A new Forward Only release just happened! And this one is closing the active stage of development! Now it’s about polishing, overall improvements and bug fixes.

The last two scenario chapters were written, the game ending implemented with summoring up player’s decisions, and St. Valentine’s color filter was added, see preview:

The game is significantly balanced by a compression: the world size is decreased at 25%, but all the events became more often, and enemies are evolving much faster now! If you know the game good, let me know how it feels, maybe it should be pressed even more.

The last playable build:

Wishing you a good road!

1 Like

Hi, guys! How is it going?

Big news in Forward Only. Three artists: Moloken, Among Madness and Qualia, supported the game with their music. Check out the full playlist on Spotify!

In addition to this, some visual and sound effects were added, the world was compressed at 15%, so the game became more replete. And a lot of errors were fixed.

The last playable build, as usual, can be found in repository:

The game just got its Twitter, by the way. Plus, there is a YouTube channel and even TikTok (though I’m not sure it’s a place for a game, you know; anyway, you’re welcome there)

Stay sharp, as in the next month an announce of a crossover is gonna happen! :point_up:

2 FPS… В диспетчере задач ничего на 100% не используется…

Hello, everyone! How is it going?

A new Forward Only build is just released. In addition to performance improvements, adding some visual effects and bug fixes, it includes an episode-crossover between Forward Only and SCP Foundation!

See the trailer:

Music for the episode was generously provided by Yeruselem duet and Debemur Morti Productions label.

With the next release, I think, I’ll start to prepare the game for an early release in the stores. The game will remain free and open source, but it’s time to be serious.

The main question to resolve before a big release: should the game be speed up more? Or meditative road pauses between fights and outings are short enough?

Download the last playable build:

3 Likes

Hi, all! How are you?

New build of Forward Only released! Gameplay accelerated by compressing the game world at 20%. Enemies evolve faster, and to deal with them from the start player now have Machine Gun - active weapon. I think gameplay and complexity pace are now fast enough. What do you think?

Explosion particle effects were improved and several metal pieces are now flying out of an exploded car (physics). A lot of bugs were fixed - visual, physics, balance, shutdowns.

The last build and source code:

You may be interested to hear that I’m going to change the repo license and allow other developers to contribute to the game. Who knows, maybe a couple of enthusiast will join the development - God sees there are still a lot of things which can be made better.

2 Likes

Hi, folks! How is it going?

I was doing my best to finish the game in 2022, but, as you know, disgusting things are happening in the world. These things forced me to relocate to another country, which brings a lot of TODO. Thus, since autumn I don’t really have time for development. As soon as possible, I’ll return into the project, but in the mean time the repository is open, rules are changed to simplify contributions, so you’re very welcome to take part in development. I’ve marked the main things which I was going to do in the nearest future with Issues, but new ideas are also welcome.

Hopefully, this year I’ll manage to return back and with fresh horses make Forward Only great. Till then! :wave:

2 Likes