Feature Requests.

The source directory panda/src/skel is designed to illustrate how to integrate a new standalone C++ module with Panda. This can be a completely standalone class, or in your case a layer around the amBX SDK, as needed.

I’m pretty sure makepanda supports a Cygwin-free build out of the box. It’s only the more powerful ppremake system that prefers to use Cygwin. (We did once have a Cygwin-free set of build scripts for ppremake, but it fell into disuse and may be full of cruft now. You can try it anyway, though–it might still work fine, who knows? You just need to build yourself a Cygwin-free ppremake using the provided MSVC project file.)

David

Thank you, David!

I doubt makepanda even works when you use cygwin. Not sure why you ran into problems with compiling ‘direct’, but you probably didn’t use makepanda.

Hope this falls into the right category, I have the new (unsupported) beta for the Intersense UB dylib on Mac OS X but VRPN doesn’t compile properly using the new dylib. Mentioned this on the VRPN listserv too but thought there might be developers on this forum interesting in getting the IS 900 working with VRPN on Panda3D on OS X. If you are interested contact me at ar_lab :at: me :dot: com

Thanks!

I have never tested the VRPN support on Mac OSX and it really doesn’t surprise me that it’s somehow broken. It’s probably just a matter of rebuilding Panda against a right vrpn version, though.

Can’t comment on whether VRPN works with Panda, the only device I could test it on is intersense and I know for a fact that VRPN won’t compile Mac UB using the intersense libs. Don’t have the time or desire to attempt it on PC.

Anyways, I’m sure there is someone else out there better suited to try this than myself, but it’s just a matter of finding someone else using the same setup (Mac, VRPN, Intersense 900).

I’d like to make a request to add fog and water to the automatic shader generator.

I’ve seen examples of both in “Demomaster” so I imagine is can’t be that difficult. But if I can do anything to avoid having to learn all that CG voodoo black magic then it would be great.

Oh! and spheremaps too for some quick’n’dirty shine, but I can live without that.

i vote for integrated easy to use but highly customizable elements like water, shadows, lightmaps, mirrors, etc… each with a nice documentation : )

it’s all there, except the last - documentation. panda’s code contains so much code which needs rewrite, reorganization or only a good documentation

yes, in some way that’s one of the charmings of panda, you never know what undocumented thingy you gonna unbury tomorrow night.

Having something like setInertialTensor would be cool for PhysicsObject since there is getInertialTensor, too.
Or is it just another undocumented function?

This is propably the wrong thread for this…

Just throwing an idea out there, I have a request for another egg-modifying program to add to Panda’s toolset.

It would take two or more .egg files that are identical in everything except vertex positions, and builds a new .egg file with vertex animation, using the original models as the morph targets.

Hi,

I would like to have multiple Normalmap support for one model. It would be very good, if I could assign several Normalmaps in blender as UVs and export them with chicken.

I would like to help with this, but I would need a big introduction to everything in panda.

blenderkid

why not combining them in photoshop or gimp? just set the layer mode of the upper one to overlay and save the image. done

Run Panda3D program once, and after you edit game’s files, engine should automatically update current game.
This would be very useful when developing shaders or doing simpler modifications of game code.

• special executable (“dynppython.exe”) ?

blueprints.launchpad.net/panda3 … tive-panda
discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic.php?t=2417

Is there any chance to see a Panda3D version for mobiles like Android platform? It uses OpenGL ES to render, it may be portable, but with some limitations…

Yes, we’ve already made a port to iPhone, which also uses OpenGL ES; and rdb has made a port to a Beagle Board, which uses OpenGL ES2. So an Android port is possible, but someone interested will have to do the work.

David

Doesn’t Android only support Java? I’ve heard there’s an inofficial C toolchain, but not of a working and complete C++ compiler/stdlibc++ yet.

Oh, hmm. I guess making a C++ toolchain would introduce more platform dependencies than simply using Java. “Android” refers to a whole class of hardware, after all, unlike specific platforms like the iPhone.

David

Android uses only Java as it’s native language, but only the language, not the JVM…

And other thing, I recently downloaded the Unreal Engine (now it’s free to download!) and I’m starting to see how easy is to work with an editor, you place objects on “drag and drop”, you click on them and give actions, physics, collisions, and other things to them, and it has the Kismet that organizes the actions and events in a visual interface. Panda would be perfect if it had an editor like that…