Can Panda3d do 4K 60fps render pipeline?

Can Panda3d perform render pipeline at 4K 60fps and is it possible?

Yes, it depends on the configuration of the PC. If you have an office PC, then I do not know of any engine that can use pbr rendering with a high frequency.

Ohh, no like I’m just asking, but can it do 4k particularly? Like you mean yes but I’m confused if your talking about the 4k or 60fps or both - i want both as an answer so are you saying that - it can do 4k 60fps with render pipeline…?

And what do you mean by pc configuration?

I believe that what serega is referring to is the hardware–the graphics card, the processor, etc.–in the computer.

That is, that a computer with little graphical or processing power may not be able to produce 4k, 60fps output (at realtime speeds), while a computer with impressive graphical and processing power may indeed be able to do so.

I don’t see why not. 4K is just a resolution–a particularly high resolution, but overall nothing terrible special, I believe. As long as the computer can handle doing so, it should be possible to output at that size, I daresay.

(That said, whether it’s feasible to do so with Render Pipeline on current computer hardware, I don’t know offhand–I don’t use Render Pipeline myself. Perhaps someone who is more familiar with it might weigh in on the matter.)

That’s one thing, But mainly won’t there be any performance limits to Panda3d? and Ok fine if you say that Panda3d does have performance my Question is Python. As far as I know - I only know Python, not C++ - I’m basically saying that Python - As far as I know, doesn’t have performance and C++ does. ok, let’s go into the frame rate - 60fps - I’ve never seen Panda3d perform at 60fps it was ranging between 48fps to 52fps and that would probably be at 1080p. so I’m not sure how.

4k at 60fps and performing with render pipeline would probably use a minimum -

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1200/ Intel Core i5-4460
  • RAM: 8GB
    A guess for HIGH RANGED PERFORMANCE.
    it would probably use render pipelines requirements + Panda3d and .egg or .bam file loading requirements to match up.
    I’m confused - mainly can it do 4k 60fps with render pipeline.

Sort of:

Python is a bit slower than C++. That is, performance-intensive game-logic will be slower under Python.

However, you’re asking about graphical performance. This, at its most fundamental, tends to be related to matters other than game-logic code–things like shader-code, model-data, scene-complexity, and GPU performance.

Thus the speed of Python is largely irrelevant to the potential frame-rate that can be produced.

Furthermore, even in terms of gameplay programming, unless you’re doing something fairly intensive or working on rather old hardware, I would expect Python to remain fast enough for many–perhaps even most–purposes. Yes, even at 60fps, or higher.

I very much have.

Indeed, my current project (which admittedly doesn’t use Render Pipeline) currently tends to run at over a 100fps, I believe, at a resolution of 1280x720. (Although I suspect that this will fall a bit when I start adding more elements to my scenes.)

(And my previous project tended to run at around 70fps on my machine, with a few dips in places, as I recall.)

I’m not coding these days but it looks like you’re saying that it will run at 4k but will not keep up with 60fps. and rather I’m working on a Big terrain and render pipeline so the frame rate would be lower - rather to say, but, will work with 4k 30fps?

Er, no. I’m saying that I would imagine that 60fps shouldn’t be a problem under most circumstances. At least, no more so than in other engines, Python or not.

This I don’t overmuch know, I’m afraid–I’ve not worked with large terrains myself, and don’t know much about their performance.

However, I don’t think that it’s likely to be limited by Python, in and of itself.

so can it at least perform at 4K and at what fps?*
*conclusion

In fact, performance is limited only by the characteristics of your hardware. For example, you will not be able to race in Mr. Bean’s car.

Pretty much as serega says: The main limitation is likely to be the hardware on which the program runs, not the engine.

I might add to the excellent responses already given that you’ve only posted here your CPU specs, but the GPU is far more important. If you only have an Intel Core with the built-in integrated card, you will not have very good performance with RenderPipeline. You will need a very powerful GPU to be able to render 4K well with a project like that, because of the fact that pixel shaders are being run on every pixel on screen, and the pixel shaders in RenderPipeline are quite heavy, and there are a lot of pixels at 4K resolution.

Are these compatible -
CPU : Intel i5-4460 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200
RAM : 8GB RAM
GPU / Video Card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon RX 470
Storage : 110 GB HDD space
Operating System : Windows 10 version 15063.0 or later (64-bit).

So uhh… What do you mean by Mr. Beans car?

Ah, you need the details. For example, in Formula 1 races, you will not be able to use such a car of Mr. Bean. Even if you can, it won’t do anything either. You need a racing car car for high speeds. And also for rendering in 4K, you need to pick up such equipment so that it meets the requirements.

If you have an example of another 3d engine that outputs such 4k + 60 fps + pbr rendering parameters on an office PC. Then feel free to give an example.

1 Like

This spec will not be capable of running RP at 4k60, I daresay. Something more realistic might be an Intel i9 with an RTX 3080. Somewhat lower specs may be capable of 4k60 RP with certain detail levels, you’d have to test it.

But actually these are the minimum of Forza horizon 5 a car game that has 4k 60fps and render pipeline similar to panda3ds render pipeline

Actually I don’t really know any other game engine that can do 4k 60fps, so Panda3d is my only hope!