So here’s an autotiling mesh with pathfinding.
(Unzip, run meshTiler.py, follow instructions on screen)
There are two things in this demo :
- the grid based map editing with auto tiling function : given two textures, the editor makes all needed transition tiles, and takes care of placing the matching tiles when you draw.
- the pathfinding, a simple implementation of the A* algorithm.
I wasn’t sure where to post this : it works, but i’m still looking for ways to speed things up. A lot of the code used in this demo comes from other snippets that can be found on this very forum, among which :
- Super-fast mouse ray collisions with ground plane
- Creating a tiled mesh at runtime
- ground multitexturing- combine textures of different stages?
There’s certainly a lot of room for improvement, all suggestions are welcome.