A Door to the Mists--"Depictions" Demo!

Hi, @Thaumaturge ! Nice game! I started playing it today (I was busy earlier).
One question, after jumping into the pyramid, what should we do? I am interacting with everything using the left and right mouse button, but noting is working. :frowning: :frowning: .

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Okay, are you in the first room of the pyramid?

If so, you should see four buttons spaced around you, and four murals. Try examining the murals–they should give you some clues as to how to advance. Next, try pressing the buttons.

That alone, however, won’t be enough. The tutorial gives a hint here, but in case you either didn’t notice that or simply had the tutorial turned off, try accessing your inventory.

If you want another hint, or even a more-explicit answer, let me know! :slight_smile:

What in the inventory? I interacted with left click but it said this does nothing and right click just tells what the mural is about. I didn’t examine the trees outside, so I don’t know anything out there. Nothing in the room was useful, according to me.

You only have one thing in your inventory: your sword.

(Well, unless you took the stone outside and didn’t use it.)

How did you interact that it said that nothing came of it? Did you try using the sword on something specific–like a button?

(You don’t need to examine the trees: everything that you need to progress is in that room, I believe.)

What should I do with the sword? Should I click something with the sword?

As I said: use it on a button.

(The murals give hints as to which buttons are important.)

Is it the crown and spear one? I can’t click both at the same time and also the platform. (The mural is the one with three people.)

There are four murals–that’s just one of them.

No–remember, the murals spoke of “openness” and “closedness”–look for buttons that seem to suggest those properties.

This is why you need your sword. :wink:

Привет. Скинь код управления камерой на плоскости.

Greetings!

If I understand you correctly (via Google Translate), you’re asking for the code that controls the camera?

If so, then I’m not currently sharing the code for this project, I’m afraid, for a few reasons. (In any case, at least some of it is fairly specific to this game.)

However, I believe that there are a few pieces of code for camera-controllers in the “Code Snippets” forum–perhaps if you search there you’ll find something useful!

Thanks. But it would be cool if you did some horror lessons )

Some horror lessons? I’m not sure that I know what you mean. ^^;

Thank you for linking that!

That said, I presume that they want a first-person controller, rather than a third-person one.

Still, it may prove a useful starting point, come to think of it!

It needs an algorithm to keep the camera on the surface.

Hmm… Do you mean a method of preventing the character from falling through the floor? If so, then that snippet may not be useful, as I don’t think that I implemented something like that there.

On the other hand, it does at least implement simple collision detection with walls; if that’s desired, then the snippet might be useful.

Anyway, he was given an answer in the ru web zone, and an example was written.

Ah, fair enough! I’m glad that they were so helped! :slight_smile:

I meant the shooter )

The shooter? Are you suggesting a tutorial on how to make a first-person-shooter?