Using the Panda3D logo

I’ve done some searching around, but found little concrete here–but then, I’m not always good at searching, so I may have missed something relevant! ^^; (I even have a memory of having asked something similar before, but I don’t see such a thread in my activity-list…)

I’m working on a new trailer for my game, and want to include a credit to the effect of “made using Panda3D”/“powered by Panda3D”/something similar, ideally alongside the Panda3D logo.

However, while I’ve found a few threads–often fairly old–asking after it, I don’t see an official source from which to acquire the logo.

Presuming that using the logo in this way is acceptable, is there a source for the logo?

It does not fit?

https://discourse.panda3d.org/uploads/default/original/2X/7/7e159e890a45d958f2ad11dce4e37cc2a70d288f.png

panda3d_logo

I have the original .psd file if needed.

This is the logo plus text for on a dark background:

Ah, thank you both! :slight_smile:

(I’ll likely use the dark-background version for my purposes; I might crop the text, depending on just how I decide to word the credit.)

More generally, would it be worthwhile having an official page from which to download such elements? (Presuming that we don’t have one that I’m simply missing!)

I’m curious: Where did you find that?

Navigate the cursor on the logo in the header of the site, and click to open the image in a new window. So you can get any image of the site :slight_smile:

Aaah, I see–that does make sense! Thank you for the answer. :slight_smile:

Although I’m not sure that I’d be comfortable in doing so, as such assets may not be under permission to use!

You can use the assets with the Panda3D logo in them. I promise I won’t sue you.

Hahah, fair enough! I do prefer to have something officially made available for such use, but I’m grateful that I may so use website assets. :slight_smile:

For anyone needing this in the future, I’ve made a quick vector trace since I was hoping to do the same thing for my project, it’s bilaterally symmetric and also lined up to the edges of a regular hexagon just for geometry reasons.

At the moment I can only post a google drive link since the panda forum says ‘new users can’t upload files’

What font does the text use? (and could I actually use the psd file to improve accuracy here if you have the original still?)

I may also make a brief animation that could be incorporated into a splash screen and would like to contribute it to the commons if that’s okay.

It must be Roboto, if I remember the name correctly.

Roboto doesn’t quite seem to fit. I’ll try a render with roboto and see if I can find a better matching font later

here’s a concept render, with the font used being roboto.
If anyone manages to figure out the current font in the website logo I’ll share an image sequence with transparency .
Panda3d devs pls let me know if it is ok to represent panda3d in my project with this splash animation.

Thanks @serega-kkz

(also when will it let me upload files?)

I think it is impossible to do without the competence of rdb on this part of the issues.

Ding, ding @rdb

There is also GitHub - TheCheapestPixels/panda3d-logos: panda3d logos and things
Besides the logo in rasterized and vector format, it also includes a splash screen, complete with audio. I’m strongly in favor of adding further ones.

That looks like a cool logo! Feel free to use that, you don’t need my permission for that.

The font used in the logo is an old version of Roboto Bold.

1 Like