Using Diffrent 3D engine???

How can i setup panda3d to us an diffrent 3dengine like irrlicht??

thanx

short answer: “not at all”
long answer. panda3d is an engine, irrlicht is another engine. both do simmilar things but you cant use one engine from inside another just like that.

Theoretically, we could provide wrappers for Irrlicht. But why would we? That wouldn’t make any sense.

Thanx for the reply… its just im use to irrlicht;;;; ok so panda3D is more just an 3dengine then game engin? or am i wrong? :slight_smile:

edit :slight_smile:
nvm "Panda3D is a 3D game engine: a library of subroutines for 3D rendering and game development. Game development with Panda3D usually consists of writing a Python or C++ program that controls the Panda3D library. " so just to make sure ill be able to create my rpg Dark Messiah look a like game??

“and Thomas… i know rpgs is hard work :slight_smile: i hav red a few posts and you of all state it clearly!! mostly mmorpg’s tho :slight_smile:8)

i dont know if you are able to create such a thing. but panda3d can handle it technically. so no problems on that end.

I wanted to know hmm say for rpg like invintory and random loot weer should i add code like that to the engine?? do i have to make it from scratch? or is ther already added in source?

Like realmforge has an rpg genre already added into the code??
If you know what im trying to say? :confused:

you dont have to add it to the engine. and it’s not in the engine either. it doesnt even belong there.
this stuff belongs into your game, the code you write in order to create your game.
judged from your questions you still have to learn programming. that’s not bad or anything. but that should be the first thing to before creating your own game (unless you use some drag&drop game-cration kit)

I want to use UT3 from panda3d. Can we write wrappers for that?

Yea sorry about that iM not a coder… But im learning i have learnend so much in 1 daY So far atleaT im a qUick learner… anyway the thing is im noob with code ^^ IF you can please give my some guide In how to Start makeing a game like wer do i start(and im already busy learning the code) so i just want a few point outs how to start and what to code??? if its posible… for anybody to help me out ^^ say i wane create a normal game wer i Can run aRound in a world basic… i hAve models and animations and so on that stuff im good at its the Code off doooom Keeping me back… o and what .filEs does panda3d support? i want to use earthsculptor for my maps and atm im using 3Dmax 8+10 also Zbrush and blender:) “^im not a rich kid^” im just asking for a little bit of help i dont want any1 to feed me!!! just get me into the river:)

Thanks in atvance:) :wink:

that game looks nice :slight_smile:http://aff2aw.com

1st thing to do: you have to learn how to write code.
how you do that is totaly up to you but we wont be able to magically teach you just because you’r asking. you have to do that yourself. we can help you with panda related issues or questions. but teaching basic python programming is a bit out of scope. there are other forums for that.

best way to get started is to use the forum search, or google and search for “python tutorials”
once you got the basics you might want to read the “total beginners thread” here on the forum. or check out the manual, or start reading the samples (starting with the solar system sample)

you don’t need a single penny to start developing your own game, you can use open source software for pretty much everything you need to do. for your file format questions read the manual. you can find the link to it in the navigation bar on top of this very page.

oh and please… dOnt abUsE uR sHift keY lIke tHis … dunno if you did that intentional but it’s quite annoying…and it can cause eye-cancer in semi-rare cases :wink:

Will do …

Thanx for the reply

Ok i added my world my models and some object now i wane ask how do i fix this?

DirectStart: Starting the game.
Known pipe types:
  wglGraphicsPipe
(all display modules loaded.)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Leveleditor.py", line 1, in <module>
    from direct.leveleditor import LevelEditorStart
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.6.2\direct\leveleditor\LevelEditorStart.py", line 2, in <module>
    import LevelEditor
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.6.2\direct\leveleditor\LevelEditor.py", line 36, in <module>
    from otp.avatar import LocalAvatar
ImportError: No module named otp.avatar

**** End of process output ****

Thanks bluebunny76.

That’s Disney’s ToonTown level editor. It won’t start because Disney hasn’t open-sourced OTP (yet). Don’t try to run it, it will soon be removed.