Updating Canvas pos (DirectScrolledFrame)

No reason to get snippy. That might be the first time that I see you react in this way, normally you are on the contrary overly polite. I honestly don’t see what could have ticked you off here. Please keep in mind that most people here are not native English speakers so there’s lot of imprecision and “lost in translation” going on here. I propably just forgot a smiley behind my sentence.

What I meant to say is that this feature has to work in my game exactly as described, since that is how the older games, that I am building upon, worked. Writing “This better works” I wanted to encourage you to convey information that you might have hold back until then thinking I might just work around the problem.

I am not one of those thinking that free to use, hobby-ish software should be error-free, self-explanatory and supported 24/7. I am also not one of those saying that just because I am too stupid to use a piece of software there must be a bug. Yet it seems plausible to me that there is a bug in DirectScrolledFrame, that causes the frame to jump back into it’s default position, since most Panda developers seem to forgo DirectGUI elements and instead go for other GUI systems. That’s why it seems plausible to me that there are undiscovered bugs. You maybe having experience using DirectGUI might know about there problems.

I did take a look at the DSF code. Notice that my struggle with that element of Panda goes way back, when I tried to figure how the DSF is culled. Problem I just don’t understand the DirectGUI code, not now, not back then. There seem to be three or four layers here with calls going up and down.

A solution to my problem might be to ditch the DSF and use a non-scrolled frame. Just use a DirectFrame as a window to a larger DirectFrame and move that frame around not by scroll bars but by the mouse. But then I am back to the 2010 problem mentioned above: How to clip the larger underlying frame I have no idea.