Ubuntu x64 with Maya 2010 (or any of them for that matter)

I’m running into a compiler error under Linux (using makepanda) that says it can’t find maya_funcs.T…this source builds fine on Windows (it doesn’t throw this error). Any thoughts?

~Andrew

This file should exist in pandatool/src/maya. Is it missing? If so, it might indicate an incomplete checkout from cvs.

David

Yep, I had it locally on every machine except the Linux one. Forgot to add it to Perforce. Silly mistake. Thanks David.

OK so now everytime I get to the maya-wrapper it throws a lot of errors regarding stream operators and such. Still builds on windows…am I missing a lib somewhere? Im pretty much a Linux novice so I can’t begin to trace this.

::_M_insert<bool>(bool)'
maya_composite1.cxx:(.text+0x1fc0): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::_M_insert<bool>(bool)'
maya_composite1.cxx:(.text+0x204f): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::_M_insert<double>(double)'
maya_composite1.cxx:(.text+0x206c): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::_M_insert<double>(double)'
maya_composite1.cxx:(.text+0x20ff): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::_M_insert<double>(double)'

ETC ETC ETC....in basically every maya or base pandatool lib or obj

Does it help if you remove the standard library (libc, libgcc) from your Maya installation’s lib directory?

Well I don’t have libgcc in the Maya lib directory…but I do have a libc.so.1…should I rename/move that one? Thanks for the help, very new to Linux.

~Andrew

old thread, I know, but did that work?

for example, in /usr/autodesk/maya/lib, I generally have to delete or hide these files:

libgcc_s.so.1 libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.0.8

Became a moot point after Maya 2011 came out with Qt as a UI base. Most of the issues were due to that really only version of Open Motif they used to use…and I really don’t remember what else I tried and what did or didn’t work.