Ubuntu sound problems vs windows 7 display issues

I have two problems and I wonder if anyone has found a fix-

On my ubuntu 9.1 64 bit the sound on Panda3d is erratic at best and on Windows 7 my direct buttons seem to follow no rhyme or reason on how they place themselves though on Ubuntu the buttons work great. Usually the scoot themselves over off the screen or partially off-. Surely it has to be how the windows 7 controls the aspect?

So any fixes on Ubuntu 9.1 sound glitch?

And any way to make what I see in windows 7 match my game in Ubuntu? (and yes I have tried both setting resolutions and fullscreen vs windowed modes)

JB

Try using FMod audio instead of OpenAL. You can switch by editing your Config.prc file to change from “audio-library-name p3openal_audio” to “audio-library-name p3fmod_audio”.

As to your buttons, there’s nothing different about the way Panda places buttons under Windows 7 than under Ubuntu or any other operating system. If they’re coming out different, it must be due to something else. I can’t give you any further advice without knowing precisely what you’re doing or seeing.

David

I figured it out by accident-

Fullscreen set in the config.src has a different resolution than setting fullscreen using

wp = WindowProperties() 
wp.setFullscreen(True) 
base.win.requestProperties(wp)

I assume I have missed a setting- so Ill look for it. But for now I am going fullscreen using:

from pandac.PandaModules import loadPrcFileData
loadPrcFileData("", "fullscreen 1")

Which seems to be the same in both windows and Ubuntu.

JB