UBUNTU HARDY HERON 64BIT MAKEPANDA ISSUE!

I am trying to install Panda3d on my 64 BIT UBUNTU, HARDY HERON LINUX based system. I have beenusing the command, “python makepanda/makepanda.py --everything --installer.” It appears to compile just fine up until the very end when it displays this error:

rpmbuild --define ‘_rpmdir /home/trentonknight/panda3d-1.5.2’ -bb panda3d.spec
Processing files: panda3d-1.5.2-1
Requires(interp): /bin/sh /bin/sh
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
Requires(post): /bin/sh
Requires(postun): /bin/sh
Requires: /bin/bash /bin/sh /usr/bin/env python(abi) = 2.5
Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /home/trentonknight/panda3d-1.5.2/linuxroot
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
/DEBIAN/conffiles
/DEBIAN/control
/DEBIAN/md5sums
/DEBIAN/postinst
/DEBIAN/postrm

RPM build errors:
Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
/DEBIAN/conffiles
/DEBIAN/control
/DEBIAN/md5sums
/DEBIAN/postinst
/DEBIAN/postrm
Storing dependency cache.
Elapsed Time: 2 min 8 sec

Any advice or similar experiences would be very help, Thank you!

Huh, somehow it’s trying to build an RPM package, weird.
Probably it found the rpmbuild executable on your computer, and tried to create an .rpm, right after it built the .deb file.
Anyways, makepanda only builds rpms after it built a deb – meaning, there should already be a .deb file in that directory. You can go ahead and install that one, you won’t need an rpm on ubuntu anyways.

I certainly would not try and install rpm libraries on my UBUNTU system. I will however search for any rpm files on my computer with…

“find / | grep rpm.”

I will let you know what I find after rerunning makepanda after removing any found rpm files. It’s possible I used some sort of scripted used for changing rpm’s to deb packages, I don’t remember? Thank you for your advice!

V/r
Trentonknight

It actually looks for /usr/bin/rpmbuild. If you temporarily rename that file, and re-run makepanda, it should be right.

Well Sir I stand corrected, I did in fact install the rpm library with a software called alien. Alien was used for changing a rpm to a deb package at one point in time. Because of this the rpm library was created on my Ubuntu system and made a mess of things for the compiling of Panda. I removed all associated files with rpm. Removed Alien and RPM and Panda installed and made the deb based installer no problem. Panda is up and running like a champ. Thank you for your advice. Panda is just great!