Strengthen the effect of "actor.headsup()"? (Solved)

Okay I tired it, and yes you are correct, it seems the “transition code” is the culprit here, but I do not want get rid of it as it looks nice, so I,m going to attempt some modifications on it instead.

I will say on a unrelated note, I retried your second method of setting the position by vector quats, and with the help of the chart in this thread.

I was able to get a grasp of “panda’s vector language” and correctly implement your second method, creating a set position that the character can move around the wall on. here is the code if you want.

quat = actor.getQuat(self.render)
srVec = quat.getRight()
rhtVec = Vec3(srVec.getX(), srVec.getY, -0.0174416)
fwdVec = Vec3(0, 0, -1)
Up: self.actor.setPos(self.actor.getPos() + (fwdVec * Movement * dt))
Down: self.actor.setPos(self.actor.getPos() + (fwdVec * -Movement * dt))
Left: self.actor.setPos(self.actor.getPos() + (rhtVec * Movement * dt))
Right: self.actor.setPos(self.actor.getPos() + (rhtVec * Movement * dt))

So taking your method I was able to test which position the forward vector should be when on walls for it to always look at the sky, same thing with the right, but I wanted the right vector to always remain 90.0 rotated from the forward vector that was looking at the sky, so I tested to see which parameter was closest related and found it.

Thus I was able to create a fixed vector that would take the X and Y parameters from the character’s quat and the Z be the fixed number I found from testing, thus creating the fixed position from those 2 vectors, sorry I was not able to get it right the first time, and huge thanks to you, your 2nd method helped me out massively.