Stereo - how to?

Hi,

How to set stero view in Panda3D? I found setStereoChannel() in DisplayRegion but I haven’t got the slightest idea how to use it.

Thank You.

You can read all about it in the API reference, but for a quick-and-dirty stereo effect, try putting:

red-blue-stereo 1

in your Config.prc file.

David

Thanks, but I don’t want red-blue technique, I need stereo view for left and right eye.

I found some in API:

I know how to set SC_left and SC_right on DisplayRegion, but how to set SC_stereo on a StereoDisplayRegion? How to use StereoDisplayRegion (it isn’t documented yet)?

regards

You would use StereoDisplayRegion to display both left and right eyes in the same DisplayRegion. This means either using the red-blue technique, or using hardware shutter glasses or other hardware support offered by your OpenGL driver. Is this what you have in mind? Do you have a graphics display capable of driving shutter glasses?

If so, then you can set:

framebuffer-stereo 1

in your Config.prc file, and Panda will ask OpenGL to create a stereo framebuffer, and it will create a StereoDisplayRegion to display the contents of render.

If, on the other hand, you just want side-by-side left and right eyes displayed on your screen, then you need to create two ordinary DisplayRegions, and set one to SC_left and the other one to SC_right.

David