Spaceship with

Hello,

I am new here. So thanks in advance for all who help me in getting in here.

Q1) I want to fly an armada of spaceships with lots of lights and trailing through space. Is there a 3d spacegame tutorial or example around ?

Q2) How can I find out, what Space Ship Entity my mouse is right now moving over (i.e. I want to click onto a space ship and get it highlighted / marked) ?

Q3) if you don’t know EVE yet, check www.eve-online.com.
There you find wonderful space panoramic pictures, made of background star fields, nebulae, suns, flares and nicely coloured clouds. Can someone please link me to a space graphics tutorial, where I can learn how to make these kind of space graphics dynamically !? It does not have to be Panda3D based - any maths or algorithms tutorial will do it.

Thanks in advance
Bernd

Not that I know of. But there is a nice asteroids clone in samples/Feature-Tutorials–Tasks.

Your talking about “picking”, there is a nice class used here…
etc.cmu.edu/bvw/scripting/index.html
But that should only be used as a starting point. Also have a look through the manual.

I doubt all of the scenery is rendered in real-time, you will probably find its a clever use of a skybox with a few dynamic lights. Its good how an illusion can look/feel real :wink: