Space Game: Need Testers

That is good news…
I’d be happy to test even guggy versions if you would care to put them up.
I’ll be back with detailed posts on all the error i will encounter.

most Virtual Machine can’t use the GPU

Virtual Box can though :slight_smile:

Did I miss something?

I dont know, but I have a question…I tried your game ( windows 7 64bit ) and during training I got mission failed, and took me back to staging area, and I chose launch again, and while pressing left mouse button I could hear torpedo fire, the ‘mission failed’ image filled the screen so I had no idea what was going on in ‘space’ :wink:

Thought I would let you know as I was looking fwd to trying one of the best games I’ve seen so far on panda.

I’d be happy to try again if I can get past this point.

cheers
nl

Sounds like you’ve found a bug. Sorry about that.

Here’s the latest version: mavasher.p3dp.com/Epoch_0.97.zip

A couple of things about this latest release. I haven’t game tested a lot of the new features I’ve put in. The reason being that my OpenGL driver from nVidia is bad and I can’t roll it back. discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic.php?t=8133

Because of this I’m sure there are plenty of errors and bugs. Also, I’m trying to make the screen layout more appropriate to the window size to use with Panda’s browser plug-in. Hence, the default isn’t fullscreen anymore but you can go into the code and the config.epc file and change this.

New to ver. 0.97
New introduction and loading splash screen
fixed word wrap issue in briefing room
Reflection shader added to HUD models
Shaders have taken the place of many animations to decrease game footprint and improve graphics.
Wormhole shader at intro.
Improved buttons (SVG based graphics)
BUG FIX: tug boat death caused crash.

Bugs:

1. run game, run multiplayer, host, start mission 1, select first beacon, press left mouse, you get:

Running 1.7.0 with python 2.6

In single player all is ok, but I have fired previous missiles before trying left mouse.

Awesome, thanks.

I especially need help with the multiplayer testing. I’ll fix this asap.

Hi mavasher,

Just downloaded Epoch, I’ll give it a test run soon and let you know my opinion. From screens and comments, it already seems to be quite a fine achievment !

Not working for me, import exception raized while file does exist on the specific dir :

Of course, this generate plenty of other error messages if I comment that line!

What’s the result of these in main.py :

print sys.path[0]
print os.getcwd()

Try :

os.chdir(os.path.dirname(__file__))

The result for both commands show the same result which is:

/Users/TallMystCarpet/Documents

May I ask why is it important ?