[SOLVED]runtime crash on startup with openal and linux 64Bts


I write a comment on this issue here :
bugs.launchpad.net/panda3d/+bug … mments=all

To explain more deeply, when I use ppython, openal works fine, and I have all sounds and musics. But when I compile, my app crash just after creating a window.
I tested on three different machines on ubuntu and derivated and 64 Bits, and I have exactly the same issue.
I tested on two ubuntu 32 Bits machines, and the runtime works, without the mp3 music, but it’s works.

I use the 1.8.1 panda3d sdk I found on this forum, and the 1.0.4 maverick runtime installed from the ppa.

I tried to change libvorbis.so.0 and libopenal.so.1 with the version directly from the /usr/lib/x86-64-linux/, but the size of the files informed me that panda replace the new version with the old one on startup. I remove all my hosts, but nothing change.

I tried to install fmod, but the panda can’t find libfmodex.so, and it’s not a viable alternative because I must use only opensource lib for this project.

I hope you can help me. Thanks.

Hi, I commented on Launchpad, I’ve just seen this here. Actually, the runtime overwrites the libraries. Instead, I replaced the library inside the installer built by pdeploy.

Thanks for your answer.
Actually I can’t compile with pdeloy with the -s option, because my package can’t be download. I’m trying to resolve by myself this problem, but it may take some time.

However, I don’t fully understand what you write. I imagine you use the pdeloy.p3d with the -s option, for compile a self-contained installer, but where do you find a “switch” option ? Do you change the lib directly in the .deb after the deploy ?

EDIT : Ok, I test with a small program, without custom package dependencies, and I think I found.
My way, if you can check :

  1. compile with -s to obtain a self-contained program.
  2. Execute dpkg -i myapp.deb to install it
  3. in /usr/lib/myapp/panda3d/cmu_1.8, replace libvorbis.so.0 with the version from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu (called libvorbis.so.0.4.5
    3bis. rename libvorbis.so.0.4.5 to libvorbis.so.0

I think I can directly modify the deb and the tar.gz files, but now I have a solution. I tested this method, and it works fine.
Now I have a new problem with the custom package dependencies and the ppackage.p3d, which don’t create the platform specific directories. I don’t understand why if I distribute the .p3d, I can execute it on any platform, and it works (except on lin64), but when I try to compile the .p3d with pdeploy and -s, it can’t find the package.


Yep, it seems correct. :slight_smile:

I am sorry but I have no meaningful experience with custom packages, but if you could provide a minimal example which shows your issue then someone may help you.

I’m working on it, but it’s not the subject of this thread, so I’ll create a new one when I can present something more advance than a simple test.