[SOLVED]New Solution in VSC++ Express 2005 & 2008

I have installed Panda3D and plan to work with it in C++. I have been trying to setup my project for awhile now and just can’t seem to get it right. I have included the Lib and include directories for Panda and Python. I am now to the point where i get LNK2001 errors in 2008 and cannot find windows.h in 2005 errors. Iam just trying to do the C++ hello world demo.

here are the errors in 2008(the IDE I prefer to use).

1>test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall PandaFramework::main_loop(void)" (?main_loop@PandaFramework@@QAEXXZ)
1>test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class WindowFramework * __thiscall PandaFramework::open_window(void)" (?open_window@PandaFramework@@QAEPAVWindowFramework@@XZ)
1>test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall PandaFramework::close_framework(void)" (?close_framework@PandaFramework@@QAEXXZ)
1>test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall PandaFramework::open_framework(int &,char * * &)" (?open_framework@PandaFramework@@QAEXAAHAAPAPAD@Z)
1>test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall PandaFramework::~PandaFramework(void)" (??1PandaFramework@@UAE@XZ)
1>test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall PandaFramework::PandaFramework(void)" (??0PandaFramework@@QAE@XZ)

Now could I be getting link errors because the install file doesn’t install everything(like pview) or am I missing something on the setup of my dependencies?
If more information is needed just let me know and I can get it for you.

Thank you.

Can you list which of Panda3D’s libraries you are linking to?

Iam just linking the whole directory for libs. just like i use to do with allegro and OGL and stuff.

Iam curious what steps other people took to setup a new project/solution to run with panda using Visual Studio.

Hmm. The error looks like, for some reason, the p3framtework library did not link in. Does it help adding libp3framework to the linker options?

Thank you pro… I knew I was missing a step. I had added the directories for the libs but I hadnt found the spot to link the libs. I kept digging and found where to add each lib. got that done and it compiles now… I hate setting up projects in VS but now Iam good thanks.