skysphere issues

I have been trying to make a skysphere and for some reason panda refuses to find the png for the cube map. I have tried various 2x sizes and it says it exists but cant load it!

Here is the error:

C:\Panda3D-1.7.1\DarkRift\src>ppython skyspheres.py
DirectStart: Starting the game.
Known pipe types:
  wglGraphicsPipe
(all display modules loaded.)
:gobj(error): Filename requires a hash mark: /c/Panda3D-1.7.1/DarkRift/src/Textu
res/Antrissky1_back6.png
:gobj(error): Texture "/c/Panda3D-1.7.1/DarkRift/src/Textures/Antrissky1_back6.p
ng" exists but cannot be read.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "skyspheres.py", line 57, in <module>
    SS = SkySphere()
  File "skyspheres.py", line 39, in __init__
    tex = loader.loadCubeMap("Textures/Antrissky1_back6.png")
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.7.1\direct\showbase\Loader.py", line 599, in loadCubeMap

raise IOError, message
IOError: Could not load cube map: Textures/Antrissky1_back6.png

What am i doin wrong?

Please rename your thread to something descriptive.

happy now ?

renameing the images 0-5 yealds the same result , finds but cant read the texture for some reason

Yes, thank you.

why dont you try and be more helpful than just telling people to rename their posts?

Did you see this error message in the output you posted?

gobj(error): Filename requires a hash mark: /c/Panda3D-1.7.1/DarkRift/src/Textures/Antrissky1_back6.png 

It’s telling you that the filename needs to have a hash mark, and it doesn’t.

The way you load a cube map is by using a hash mark (#) where the digit should go. Like this:

tex = loader.loadCubeMap("Textures/Antrissky1_back#.png") 

This will load up six image files named Antrissky1_back0.png, Antrissky1_back1.png, Antrissky1_back2.png, Antrissky1_back3.png, Antrissky1_back4.png, and Antrissky1_back5.png, and combine them all into a single cube map.

David

i noticed that, also by renaming the images i simply renamed them 1-5 and not Antrissky1_0 … and so on , by doing so it was causeing the error as well so apparently you MUST have a name_number convention when making your images.

I think one thing ill do from now on since i am making silly mistakes that are frustrating the **** out of me is when I have an issue like this ill look at the problem longer than an hour or 2 before posting. Although I do appreciate the help so far :smiley:

im not giving myself enough time to acculy work through problems before asking for help lol

I am helpful. I am helping others help you. Besides, naming your threads in such way is simply disrespectful, as is your reaction to my polite request.

Yes, you must have a numbered series of images in the range 0 - 5, and you must use the hash character to load them. From the Cube Maps manual page:

Now, no more complaints about rudeness, please–I know everyone’s trying to be courteous.

David

Long story short:
Rewrite this

tex = loader.loadCubeMap("Textures/Antrissky1_back6.png") 

into this:

tex = loader.loadCubeMap("Textures/Antrissky#.png")

where your files are:

Textures/Antrissky0.png
Textures/Antrissky1.png
Textures/Antrissky2.png
Textures/Antrissky3.png
Textures/Antrissky4.png
Textures/Antrissky5.png