Simple Lake Script?

I’m looking for a simple lake script, basically I want water that looks like water, with both reflectiveness (I guess I could just use an image of clouds or something) and transparency. The most complex part is I want waves going through the lake. I like the look of this water: youtube.com/watch?v=anxU6wWuClc which I believe is part of demomaster, but unfortunately I’m not able to run demomaster due to missing modules (I’m on Linux).

What would be the simplest way to achieve the effect I desire: reflectiveness, transparency, and waves with water?

You can run the demomaster on linux like this:

python2.6 demomaster.py f f f

[/code]

I get:

ImportError: cannot import name OdeWorld

What would be the simplest way to achieve the effect I desire: reflectiveness, transparency, and waves with water?

Sounds like a complicated requirement. How about the yarr water example ?

Are you on Panda 1.7 ? Demomaster is tested on 1.6.2, someone told me it is running well on 1.7.

Yeah, I’m using panda 1.7. I think the problem has something to do with my ODE libraries. I installed ODE and recompiled/installed panda, but I’m still getting the same error. Do I have to manually configure Panda to include ODE?

Hi,

I’m having the same problem that noisymouse, when i try to run a python program that uses the ode engine for physics, i get this error from the console:

File "OdeBallJoint.py", line 14, in <module>
    world = OdeWorld()
NameError: name 'OdeWorld' is not defined

I’m using a snapshot build of panda (panda3d1.7_1.7.1+cvs20110119~maverick81_amd64) on ubuntu maverick.

I’ve tried to install ode separately and reinstall panda3d, but that doesn’t worked for me.

i’ve founded that panda3d import ode from pandac module (pandac.PandaModules):

from pandac.PandaModules import *

i’ve tried to change that for

from pandac.PandaModules import OdeWorld, OdeBody, OdeMass, Quat

but that doesn’t worked neither.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

p.d.: sorry for my english :blush: :blush:

That was a bug in the buildbot version. It’s been fixed now. Try installing the latest buildbot version.

the problem is solved!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
at least for me… :blush: :blush:

Thank you so much rbd.

Now the ode’s modules import without error. :wink: :wink: