Should I have received a file/folder called "mystuff"?[Solved]

I was following the beginner tutorial, and at the part where I was supposed to do " cd C:\Panda-1.10.7-x64\mystuff\ ", I entered the command, and it brought an error saying “The system cannot find the path specified”. I looked through all Panda3D files, and did not find anything called “mystuff”. I tried different camel-cases for the phrase “mystuff”, and then tried searching through the entire Local Disk for it. Nothing was found. (I downloaded the Windows version, if that helps)

You shouldn’t have received a “mystuff” folder I believe, no.

Which tutorial are you using, if I may ask? If we can look it over, we might be able to figure out what the writer meant.

(For what it’s worth, I checked my own “beginner’s tutorial”–this one–and I don’t see a mention of “mystuff”, so I’m guessing that it’s not that one. However, it’s possible that I missed it somewhere, and am not remembering the reference! ^^; )

Oh, there’s an actual beginner’s tutorial. That makes it confusing, because I meant the one called “Running your Program” on the Manual page.

Ah, I see what you’re looking at now. Thank you for clarifying! :slight_smile:

I’m guessing that the manual-writer expected users to put the code for their games in a sub-folder of the Panda3D folder. It’s not a structure that I’m inclined to–I prefer to keep the two separate, myself–but that’s my best guess as to what they meant.

Thank you! It works now.

1 Like

I do indeed strongly recommend keeping your own projects outside the Panda3D installation folder. If you uninstall Panda3D, all your stuff would otherwise be deleted!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice!