Scrpiting in other languages

Is it possible to run Panda3D in other languages like javascript or vbscript? I know it can be done in C++ and Python, which I can program fine in, I was just wondering if it would be possible.

You can script using JavaScript when using the Panda3D plugin in a web page.

Other than that, you’ll have to provide your own bindings if you want to support a different language.

So it can be done?

Yes, take a look here for some python <–> X integration’s.
But make sure you really need to support language X before implementing a language integration.
If a task makes more sense in JavaScript do it in JS and provide the data as JSON or something similar.

Make data interchange not language integration :slight_smile:

Nice topic, so i guess running it in JavaScript really exists.can you teach us what the general information to work with it sir?.

[color=gray]I am PROUD of the fact that I the one who invented weapons like [color=gray]automatic knife.

Well the manual does it for JavaScript in chapter III B and III G 3.
But I would like to point out that (with panda3d web apps) it’s not as much running it in JS as it is running it with JS, if that makes sense :slight_smile:

For example: I have a JavaScript+PHP+MySql backend which provides authorization and logging, I could access the database directly in python (not recommended btw) but it makes more sense (for me) to provides JSON responses as pass/fail. As a side effect I have a united logging & authorization model for which i can use with anything that has JSON/web capability.

Dunno if that helps, I guess what i’m trying to say is: Every task has it’s tools.

But tell us what you are trying to achieve and i’ll try to help :slight_smile:

PS. I kinda like JSON and distribution of responsibility.