Running tools form any location.

Hi

I having a slight problem running the tools out side of the tools directory. It means I keep having to copy files into the tools directory.

I checked the system and the path to the tools was there. Could someone tell me how the PATH need to be modified.

echo $PATH
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Applications/Aqsis.app/Contents/MacOS:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.0/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/Developer/Tools/Panda3D

Thanks a lot

I’m not familiar with the problem you describe, so I need to understand more precisely what you’re talking about.

What “tools” do you mean, exactly? What happens when you try to run a tool from the wrong directory? What do you mean by “tools directory”? What files do you copy into the “tools directory” to make it work?

David

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear.

The tools I refer to are for converting object and other things like that. i.e. dae2egg, lwo2egg.

All there programs are in a tools directory within the main Panda3D install directory.

All I would like to do is have my dae file in a folder the in a terminal go do that directory and run the command.

i.e. Desktop> ./dae2egg model.dae model.egg

Hope all this makes sense

Aren’t these command-line tools in the “bin” directory? In any case, they should be added to the path automatically by the Panda3D installer. So I’m a little surprised when you say it doesn’t work.

Of course, it certainly won’t work if you use the “./” prefix to your command; you should type “dae2egg model.dae model.egg” instead of “./dae2egg model.dae model.egg”. The “./” prefix means “look only in this directory for this command; do not search the PATH.”

Could this be your only confusion? Or does it not even work if you omit that prefix?

David

Thank you so much I don’t know how I could nave missed that.