Ramgate (School project)

Hi!

We are 5 students at Media and Communication at Vennesla VGS (Norway), and we’ve got about 4 weeks to create a game. I’m doing most of the programming, animation and some modelling. We also have one concept artist, one co-programmer (currently learning Python) and two modellers (only one of them had experience with modelling from earlier).

I have been working with Python (mostly with django) earlier, and done a few experiments with Panda3D, so we’re far from experts.

So… We’ve been working on this for about two weeks now, and it’s starting to take shape. I’ve uploaded a video today, if you want to check it out.

More videos and screenshots will be uploaded later, when there’s more to show. Currently there’s not much to do in the game, just walking around and colliding with objects.

Panda3D is awesome! :slight_smile:

Looks cool to me…

good job as for only 2 weeks!

nice (Y)

I’m one of the 3D-artists in the team, and we just presented the game-demo to our teacher. I’ll make sure Oal posts a video of what we have by now when he gets home. Hope you guys like it :slight_smile:

Why not post the game itself, rather than just a video? :slight_smile:

David

Well, we kind of agreed at the start that we would keep it to our selves untill anything further was decided, but we will be trying to discuss it with the rest of the group soon. Just don’t get your hopes up about the models. I might have a year of experience with blender-modelling, but I’m no pro, and I had to teach the other modeller from square one just a few weeks ago.

If the rest of the group doesn’t agree with me and Oal, we’ll have to just keep it to a video, but I’m pretty sure the others will agree.

Edit: We might put up a list of what each member of the group has done some time too.