ps3 Controller

I’m looking for a way to use a ps3 controller for a panda3D game, and I’ve found that there quite a few different libraries, hacks, drivers, etc. out there that say they get the job done. I’d like to hear from some Panda3D coders who’ve tried this, what they used, and how it worked. Anyone?

I’ve used them to test some stuff out at work. I just downloaded a driver for them and used the standard PyGame to access them via python. It didn’t support force feedback or the tilt sensors but it worked well. If you want the tilt sensors I believe I’ve seen drivers now that map them to analog controls that pyGame can also read.

Thanks for the info. Since you’ve done it before, I’d like to ask a couple of questions.

What drivers did you pick up, and where could I get them?

I’m trained as an artist, for the most part my CS skills are self taught. Because of that, linking libraries and such is something I’m not very comfortable with. Could you give me a run down of how you setup pygame, and possibly help me get it working?

Driver. I was working in XP 32. So if you have x64 or Win7 I’m not sure if it will work. But I’m sure a quick google search will give you more results if it doesn’t

dl.qj.net/playstation-3/tools-an … or-pc.html

As for py game there is a panda3d manual entry for it:

panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Joystick_Support

Okay. I have read that manual entry, but I wasn’t sure if I really just had to run the pygame installer, or if I would have to tell something where to find pygame, or what.
Now that I’ve run the installer I see that it installed to the python directory in my panda directory. Thanks for the help Bei.