PRPEE Blender 2.8 crashes when exporting a model with (.egg)

Let me reiterate what has been said above: Please, don’t use PRPEE.

While it is a descendant of YABEE that supports recent versions of Blender, it was, I believe, made to the specific purposes of its developer, and is, I gather, not reliable in the general case. We’ve had a number of posts here reporting problems using it, if I recall correctly.

If you specifically require export to egg-file, and the following is feasible, I suggest considering one of the older versions of Blender, one that that supports YABEE (e.g. 2.78).

However, if you’re used to Blender’s new UI, then this may incur a bit of a learning curve, and given an approaching deadline may be problematic.

Furthermore, if your model was made in a newer version of Blender, then it may very well not load in the older version, leaving you to start from the beginning.

Conversely, if you don’t require an egg-file specifically, then I second the suggestions given above to export to glTF, instead.

More generally, I put together a quick-reference to some of the methods of exporting from Blender that are currently available. You should find it at the link below:

1 Like