Problem finding panda core

Hi,
I have been developing a game using Panda 1.6.2 on Mac OSX using python2.5. On my system currently the game runs fine.
A new teammate joined recently though, and we are having trouble getting the game to run on his system. He is using python 2.7 with the same version of Panda3d on Windows 7.

The most recent error which I am having trouble finding a workaround to is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Remembrance-testfork.py”, line 7, in
from panda3d.core import CollisionBox
ImportError: No module named panda3d.core

I know that there is some issue with python versioning which causes things like this to occur. Usually in the past I find a line of code to change the include statement to use pandac instead of panda3d.core.

However, with CollisionBox I could find no examples and I’m not sure where to go to find the documentation of these mappings.

I tried from pandac.PandaModules import CollisionBox and this does not work.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to make my code run stably on different platorms? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Chris

Panda already comes with a copy of Python, so it might be that the extra version you installed is conflicting with the built in one.
Also Panda will only work with the version of Python it was compiled for, so you could not use Python 2.7 with a version of Panda intended to be used with Python 2.5.

Thanks for the reply.
I had my friend uninstall python and panda completely from his computer, and download 1.6.2 sdk including python. I’m assuming that the version of python included WITH panda would be the correct version… but we tried this and it still did not work. We even made a custom environment variable PANDA_PYTHON or something like that and made it point to the python executable inside the panda sdk directory. We even tried ppython and pythonw in the same directory. Nothing worked.

I’m a bit at a loss. If someone could tell me where to go from here I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Chris

What’s the error message?

Thanks for the response. This is the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Remembrance-testfork.py”, line 7, in
from panda3d.core import CollisionBox
ImportError: No module named panda3d.core

That’s because panda3d.core was introduced in 1.7.0. You need to import from pandac.PandaModules in 1.6.2.

I really don’t understand then.

On my mac the panda version is 1.6.2 as well and the code works. On the windows machine the workaround

“from pandac.PandaModules import CollisionBox” does not work either.

Both versions of the import work on the mac.

Thanks,
Chris