Pro-rsoft: ODE doesn't compile.

Pro-rsoft:

I was just getting ready to release 1.5.3, and I was going to include ODE support, but it doesn’t compile under Windows. If you can get it fixed in the next few hours, I can include it in 1.5.3, otherwise, I’ll deactivate it again.

nooo!!!

What is the point of 1.5.3 without ode? What are the new features?

bug-fixes.

It did compile under windows here, and should work there too, unless I messed up some libraries. Do you have an error message? I might be able to say whats wrong then. Did it also fail on linux or didn’t you try that?
I’m going to do a clean checkout this afternoon (I mean in about 8 hours) and rebuild it from scratch on windows, but sorry, I don’t have access to a windows machine until then. If that’s too long, it might be better to exclude it.

Oh, btw, if you didn’t already notice, to exclude ode just type --no-ode and it will exclude the ode thirdparty libs and not compile panda’s ode dir.

@treeform: don’t worry. There are still enough bugs in 1.5.2 to release a 1.5.3.

EDIT: ahhgr its compiling now, but it takes wayy too long! Long way to compile till it arrives at ode.

Josh, I totally lost, sorry. I just compiled it here at windows, and it compiles great, without any warnings/errors/complications. I installed TortoiseCVS and it tells me everything is committed. I committed makepanda, added and committed thirdparty libs in linux-libs-a, linux-libs-x64 and win-libs-vc8, and committed genPyCode changes.
Can you give me an error message or where it fails or so?

EDIT: could this be the problem:
panda3d.cvs.sourceforge.net/pand … y?view=log
You didn’t tag my latest commit for panda3d_1_5_3… but I doubt this would cause a compiling issue, more like a genpycode error… Are there still other files (maybe thirdparty libs) that you haven’t checked out yet or so?