Plith

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Great work, Flavio! I look forward to playing it.

As someone who also hopes to create and market a commercial product with Panda3D, Iā€™m also interested to know how you plan on distributing your game.

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Initially, I am going to put it on my site for direct sale using a third-party payment processor. Contemporarily, I am going to propose it to (some) indie portals. After some weeks, I am going to try proposing it to non-indie portals.

You can always try working with smaller companies that specialize in marketing over the internet. Some of them might cut you a percentage of sells deal, which means you donā€™t have to pay out of your pockets for their services.

Of course, if you did consider this, I would have an attorney look at all legal documents before signing anything.

A lot of these companies will place your game at portals that offer digital downloads, for you. You knowā€¦sites like Direct2Drive (which is gone now).

Personally, I want to aim for store shelves with my own, first; which means submitting to actually game publishing companies.

Of course, if a publisher did not trust my product enough to spend their money marketing and mass producing it, I would then use market plan B.

Itā€™s always good to have more than one marketing plan; incase one fails. :smiley:

I definitely agree. :slight_smile: I will start with my plan, since by now itā€™s all (almost) ready, then I will come back to your suggestions if needed. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Hi! I have released Plith! Thank you for the support you have given to me! Thank you very much!

Maybe add some images from your game to the gallery?

Congratulations to the release! :slight_smile:

Sure, thatā€™s a great idea! Do you know how can I do this? Thanks!

Thank you sou much! :slight_smile:

Contact rdb for that.

How is Plith doing on the Market so far; using game portals? :slight_smile:

I actaully saw it on gamespot.com, but there wasnā€™t any info available last time I looked.

Hey, thank you for the interest! :slight_smile: To be honest I would wait for the current bundle promotion before writing a post with sales stats. Anyway, I would be happy to share any data privately, just drop me a PM if you want precise numbers in the meantime.

No noā€¦not game salesā€¦

Iā€™m more interested in the time it took such portals or smaller companies to spread the gameā€™s presence around; since they donā€™t use all the most mainstream marketing strategies (which involves more capital).

I guess it really doesnā€™t matter now with my case, since my project will be taken off my hands by S.M. when Iā€™m done.

I still want to keep up with what strategies still work best in our day and age. :slight_smile:

Oh, ok! When they launched the game on their portals there had been a boost on traffic: Iā€™ve got almost 50% of total traffic during the first 20 days. So, from my experience, portals spread the presence into that time slot.

Hi, I would like to share with you that Plith has been released on Steam!I would like to thank once more this great community and the developers of this wonderful engine! :slight_smile: