Particle integration and motion trails

Hi all,

I’m new to Panda and Python, although I found it very easy getting up to speed in both so far.
I’m thinking about making a little neat space rts just for the fun of it and to get a glimpse of what it takes to develop a game.
Currently I’m in the very early stages of deciding what I want to burden myself with and how I could accomplish some specific things that gave me a headache.

After reading up on particles on the manual and browsing the forums I found treeform’s pyro library. One of the last posts treeform made there stated that his library is now included in Panda itself, but I wasn’t able to find the corresponding docs, much less how to compile it myself and try it out.
The manual page about particles is not about his library, is it?

And the second question (closely related to the first one actually) is how I could implement engine trails without treeform’s library. After taking a close look at some other games I found this:

(This is Homeworld, by the way)
I thought about maybe using billboards since that would look exactly like the trails in the picture, right? Would that be an economic way to do it?

Thanks in advance
Paco1

hi, welcome to panda.

for things like trails and the likes you may want to have a look at the meshdrawer class.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I’m really sorry, I must have had a typo somewhere when searching for that class in the python api earlier - only found it on the c++ api.
Thanks for the hint