Parenting an object to an Actor

Hello, I am having a bit of trouble doing the aforementioned. For example, if I parent a hat onto an avatar, the hat will not move with the avatar’s animations. Any idea on how to fix this?

Did you have a look at the Looking and Gripping sample program to see how it uses exposeJoint to attach a node to an actor’s joint?

That helped, thanks! Unfortunately, my model does not have anything with E:(CharacterJointEffect). At what point in the (I assume egg syntax) does it because a characterjointeffect?

I did something wrong before, my apologies. I misunderstood what exposeJoint did. Thanks so much!

FWIW, the CharacterJointEffect is created automatically by exposeJoint. You shouldn’t need to do anything with it directly.

Not to be rude and bud in another thread, but does this sample program work in emulating a character holding a object? if so, do you care to share the link? I,m just responding because this couldn’t have come at a better time as I need to a character to hold objects.

Yes. You can find the sample program in the samples directory of the SDK installation, or alternatively, you can find it on GitHub directly:

oh, okay I thought it was a code sample in the manuel somewhere, if it is in my SDK, I’ll have a look, thanks for the help.