Panda3D project portal.

Well, we don’t understand this as destructive criticism… Even the way its written says “hey, this might be a good thing to do cuz it bothered me - may bother also other folks.”

Such productive criticism is highly encouraged. ^^

Regards, Bigfoot29

Sure, fire away.

You can’t even create a page to the root. Create Wiki Page creates a page at your personal wiki page. thats why its in the menu under “My P3DP.com”. Check the Getting Started page in your personal wiki, though the page needs still to be updated by us. good point.

Odd. Can you give me the full browser error? Could be browser-specific. Ain’t got it here.

Good point. will do soon.

Screenshots? Click the image button in the edit form, it allows you to upload images to your page.
Though, you can also link to existing images. Check this for a full overview of images:
wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:images

Just stepped in for sec and saw this post.

I was using IE 7.0 (don’t ask me why) but yeah, I tried it with Firefox and everything worked fine. The icons for editing the wiki are gone in IE for some reason.

The question is:

Is it due to the fact that IE7 doesn’t care very much about standards or is it really a bug that only enables some browsers to show the editing stuff…

Anyone of the current p3dp users with IE6 to check this?

Regards, Bigfoot29

I tested in IE6- seems to work fine. Looks like it’s just IE7 that has issues.

Images are still difficult even on firefox.

I’ve tried all the different ways given in the wiki-syntax page but it didn’t work. You can probably see all my attempts on the wiki yourself.

I even tried to link to two separate outside servers to pull images from but nothing worked.

the local media load thing has some sort of problem because I can’t delete files and when I click on them to open them directly to see them the server returns a page Saying

Bad Request

with nothing else.

Yes, even Firefox is doing this. Can someone else try to load any kind of image onto a wiki page? Tell me what to do if you get it to work.

Again thanks.

P.S. My main project is coming along pretty well now. Mostly I’m going to need people to actually beta test the thing looking for bugs.

No clue what’s going on. Maybe its security settings that block some javascripts or so?

I didn’t -excactly- know what was going on, but I think I got it fixed now. Please tell me if you experience some more bugs.

I’m pretty sure this is fixed together with the other bug.
Thanks very much for testing this out, please tell me if you have any more bugs.

PS. Does the Index page please you now? :wink:

Oh, almost forgot:
Panda3D projects has an IRC channel at freenode:
#panda3dprojects on irc.freenode.net.

Everything’s great now. The index page is great. Just wish there was more content from people but I suppose this will change with time.

Images are fixed. Thanks a lot, that really helps.

I’ve got the majority of my pages up. I’m sure I have some more (minor) changes as I think about it.

Update: I transfered my .swf video aswell. If it’s causing trouble I can remove it.

Here’s my start page.

p3dp.com/doku.php?id=mavasher:start

finally the images works, but the link to the real image doesn’t :
Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /var/kunden/webs/p3dproject/inc/JpegMeta.php on line 1216

and is the media manager still unable to delete item ?

Thanks for all your testing. I forgot about the detail page – it should be working now.
About the Media Manager bug— what’s the exact bug you get? I don’t get it here - but that might be due to the fact that I have admin rights.

who was talking about bug ? I just couldn’t find a way to delete a media. Is it designed that way ? or I just too lazy to find it :laughing:

hmmm… definately looks like media (upload/)delete does work for admins, but not for normal users…

A workaround would be to use the “normal” webspace you got - apart from the wiki internal one?

But maybe thats only a solution if pro-rsoft can’t fix the issue… something I doubt somehow ^^

Regards, Bigfoot29

Hi… sorry for double posting…

I want to stress the request for all of the old panda3dprojects-user to sign in for their new account at the finished portal - I/we want to finish the transfer of the old files to the new system so that the old system can be used in a way the old system was intented to be used :wink:

Regards, Bigfoot29

From the Doku wiki syntax guide:

I think pro-rsoft needs to add delete permission in order for that to work.

Yeah I have everything moved over at the moment. But as far as I can see that’s it. ynjh has done some stuff to his start page but there’s no links to downloads.

bigfoot29, have you PM’d people? They may not be checking this thread.

Also, any info on when Josh will link it to the main panda3d.org site?

I have two remarks.

With IE7, the “edit this page” link is still not displayed due to some JavaScript error.

I don’t know how to use the web space.
Via ftp, I put a little index.html to hvb.p3dp.com, but it doesn’t show on hvb.p3dp.com. Do I have to create a subdirectory htdocs or what :question:

Apart from that, I think it’s great to have webspace for storing project files and last but not least to have a wiki.

Thanks alot! (Imagine your favorite emoticon here)
[/list]

Now my index.html is on hvb.p3dp.com :slight_smile:
It seems like you just have to wait a day or so before any changes made via ftp are visible via http; maybe some kind of caching on the server.

Hmmm… long time absence due to movement of company…

As for caching: 24 hours is kinda much. Maybe I should disable that caching…

Mavasher: I asked most of the folks - per Messenger and whatnot - not very much did happen :confused: (for those not moving themselves)

Basically there shouldn’t be big things left. The media-Bug should be fixed AFAIK - not 100% sure tho.

Regards, Bigfoot29

I register on panda3dproject portal, but not received any password.
im using opera on windows.
Thanks you.

Please check your ‘spam’ box.
If you didnt receive it, and want me to manually set a password, PM me.

i also check my spambox.
I send you an mp.