Panda3D c++ not working on OS X 10.11

The Panda3D manual states that you have to link libp3pystub to compile. For some reason, this exact library is missing. I have found libp3pystub in Panda3D SDK 1.8.1, and it compiles without errors.
Now if I try to run (only the hello world example), I get this:

dyld: Library not loaded: @loader_path/../lib/libp3framework.1.9.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/juliusnaeumann/Developer/Robots/./filename
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

Yes, this is a known issue, but it’s hard to fix because of the way Mac OS X handles library dependencies. You can use install_name_tool to change the id of the dylibs in question, or you can put your binary in a subdirectory of /Developer/Panda3D in order to work around this. Or you could copy the Panda3D dylibs so that they are in a …/lib/ directory relative to the location of your binary.

Sorry for bumping this old thread but I am confirming that I’m having the same issue on OSX 10.12.4

Also since I’m a newbie to Panda3D and this issue has arisen as I only attempt at finding out how to use the basics of the library, I am wondering if say future users of the client I would like to build would face the same issue if on MacOS.

Moreover, I am yet to fix it based on the comments above.

You could copy your binary to /Developer/Panda3D/bin before trying to run it.

Another thing you could try is to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to point to the location of the Panda libraries.