Panda3D Arena FPS Sample Program Submission

Yeah I’m not sure about that. It doesn’t make a lot of sense as the camera is rolled over to the side, which is bizarre considering it’s part of a CC rig. I can’t reproduce the issue.

Maybe it has something to do with the cache of models, maybe your camera is tied to the orientation of the model. The first thing that came to my mind was that your model cache state is different, maybe that’s the problem.

Maybe not, as I just cleared my cached models and that didn’t reproduce the issue. Also, the character-related models are basically the same as they were two years ago. If you weren’t an advanced user I’d suggest updating your panda3d version and so on.

Executable build and optimization update:

• Added a setup.py and helpful notes in the build_scripts folder for building the sample program into a working executable on Windows and Linux
  • panda3d-complexpbr is now installable via pip for easy inclusion in a binary build, see the requirements.txt and aforementioned build_scripts folder for details
  • Implemented optimizations tailored to older hardware for the default sample program, up to a 400% linear performance improvement on IE a 1050 Ti
  • All .gltf models now have .bam conversions which are used exclusively in the sample program. This should fix most of the black-screen or white-screen errors seen previously when panda3d-gltf is either not installed or unavailable.
2 Likes

Win-state hitch removal update:

• Added a “pre-initialization” procedure for the win-state animation which effectively gets the death animation in working memory before it’s actually needed
  • This removes the (previously fairly noticeable) win-state hitch, a pernicious form of lag that results from (in this case) cold-starting new animations
  • This procedure is started near the end of the arena.py program definitions, running before the primary movement tasks begin
1 Like