Panda3D and 3D Studio Max 2008

Hey guys,

I’m playing around with Panda3D at the moment. I’m really loving what I’m seeing so far, but I have one question- I have 3D Studio Max 2008 and there doesn’t appear to be a .egg exporter for that version of Max. Am I wrong, or is it located somewhere else? Or is there some trick to getting another importer working?

Cheers,

Sasa.

No, sorry, there is no support for Max 2008 yet in the default build. There is for 2009. You could compile Panda3D yourself from scratch though, and link to the Max 2008 sdk (you do need to make a few tiny modifications to the build script for that, but I’ll help you through that if you wish)

It’s up to CMU to add max 2008 support to Panda. I don’t own a copy of it.

Interesting. If you could help me compile it from scratch, I’d love to give it a shot. I’d even be willing to write up your instructions (with any suggestions of my own, including where I ran into trouble if applicable) on the wiki. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Sasa.

Max 9 plugins work with 2008 (but not 2009). That’s why there is no seperate version for 2008 :wink:

I see! I’ll give it a shot now.

Yep! Worked for me, except that the textures were lost. That’s ok, I’ll try work on it a bit more, see if I can’t make it work…