Panda with dev cpp

Is it possible to use panda with dev c++ ?

If it can interface to the MSVC 2008 compiler, yes.

I’m not so sure about that, I believe I read somewhere that it only works with the Cygwin and MinGW compilers.

What should I do to get panda working on visual studio 2008 express ? When I try to compile simplest program from the manual I get this:

1>d:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.1\include\winnt.h(283) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'
1>d:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.1\include\winnt.h(283) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>d:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.1\include\winnt.h(8162) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Buffer'
1>d:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.1\include\winnt.h(8162) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>d:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.1\include\winnt.h(8162) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>d:\panda3d-1.6.2\include\threadsimpleimpl.h(31) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Python.h': No such file or directory

This question has been asked over a million time. Browse this forum category.

I have browsed the forum, but still can’t find the problem.

Additional include directories:
D:\Panda3D-1.6.2\include
D:\Panda3D-1.6.2\thirdparty\win-python\include

Additional library directories:
D:\Panda3D-1.6.2\lib
D:\Panda3D-1.6.2\thirdparty\win-python\libs

Additional dependencies:
libpanda.lib
libpandaexpress.lib
libp3framework.lib
libp3dtool.lib
libp3dtoolconfig.lib

Preprocessor definitions:
WIN32;_DEBUG;_CONSOLE;WIN32_VC

Errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: ghfgfhhfh, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>flp.cxx
1>d:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.1\include\winnt.h(283) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'
1>d:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.1\include\winnt.h(283) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>d:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.1\include\winnt.h(8162) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Buffer'
1>d:\panda3d-1.6.2\thirdparty\win-python\include\pyconfig.h(51) : warning C4005: 'HAVE_IO_H' : macro redefinition
1>        d:\panda3d-1.6.2\include\dtool_config.h(56) : see previous definition of 'HAVE_IO_H'
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\World\Desktop\Programiranje\Visua\ghfgfhhfh\ghfgfhhfh\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>ghfgfhhfh - 5 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Hm, does it help if you uninstall that version of the Windows SDK and install this one instead:
microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en

i had that same issue

try adding
D:\Panda3D-1.6.2\python\include
D:\Panda3D-1.6.2\python\Lib
and
D:\Panda3D-1.6.2\python\libs

only problem is, now i get a linker error:
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘libpandaexpress.lib’

:frowning:

That means you need to add D:\Panda3D-1.6.2\lib as well.

i did

:frowning:

To the linker path? Maybe you accidentally used the include path?

The problem remains.

Open your project in devcpp
click right button go to properties → settings
and you’ll get link editor and a button to add files
click and add all .lib of panda to your project
this should fix the link error