packp3d missing DLL

So I’m trying to use packp3d with Panda 1.7.2 and I get this:

I’ve browsed the forums, but I can’t seem to find any solutions. A little help?

What kind of extra modules does your game use? Perhaps you use something like physx yet forgot to mark it as dependency of the p3d?

The only thing extra that I can think of that might cause a problem is enet. And that’t odd… Now that I’m looking at it, its a .pyd. Not an extension I’m familiar with.

Even so, this was the error I got with just running “packp3d -h”.

EDIT: Just an fyi, that’s the error code I get when I try to compile my game as well.

Yes, a .pyd file is really just a DLL with a funny extension. It’s compiled C or C++ code and must be loaded specially.

The packp3d system works best when all of your compiled code is included in one of the modules that we supply already. I don’t think enet is one of these (I’ve never heard of it). Do you really need it? Can you rewrite your tool to use something else instead? That would be the easiest solution.

Otherwise, you can still make it work, but you’ll have to provide a Panda3D package that includes enet, and host it on the web alongside your p3d file. It’s perfectly doable, but it means learning a lot more about how the p3d packaging system works.

Edit: wait, you can’t even run “packp3d -h”? That’s strange.

David

I figured out why I couldn’t run “packp3d -h”. I had been using 1.6.2 and upgraded to 1.7.2, but I changed all the environment variables without restarting the command prompt, so that works now.

Its looking like enet is the problem for sure though, because the build I have is for Python 2.5. Thanks!