no sound in .p3d

Hey everyone ^^ I notice that my .p3d files doesn’t play anything when I run it. Am I missing something when I’m building it? Also… is there a way to keep the consol boxs up or a box up to maybe see errors?

packp3d -o mygame.p3d -d C:\game\ -r morepy -r audio 

Yes, you’re missing “-r audio”, as described under the “Referencing Packages” page.

You can see error messages in your log file, which you will find in the Panda3D/log directory (where Panda3D is as described in the page “The runtime Panda3D directory”. You can also see the error messages if you run your p3d from the command shell with the panda3d command.

David

The -r audio option appears to be present.

Like he said… I have the option in there XD

but I get this errorO.o

:ShowBase: Successfully opened window of type wglGraphicsWindow (OpenGL)
:audio(error): OpenALAudioManager: alcOpenDevice(NULL): ALC couldn't open device
:audio(error): OpenALAudioManager: No open device or context
:audio(error):   OpenALAudioManager is not valid, will use NullAudioManager
:audio: NullAudioManager
:audio(error): OpenALAudioManager: alcOpenDevice(NULL): ALC couldn't open device
:audio(error): OpenALAudioManager: No open device or context
:audio(error):   OpenALAudioManager is not valid, will use NullAudioManager
:audio: NullAudioManager
:ShowBase: __dev__ == 0

Oh, my apologies. How did I overlook that?

Still, this is an issue I’ve seen with OpenAL; it doesn’t work on certain Windows boxes, when packaged in a p3d file. Try -r fmod instead.

David

Tis ok.

Is there anyway to default it back to fmod if OpenAL doesn’t work and vis vers?

The right long-term solution will be to find whatever’s broken with OpenAL and fix it. We’ll be working on that.

In the short term, using FMod across the board is probably OK. If you can’t use FMod, then you have to deal with broken audio on Windows.

David