Need some answers

Ok, I am trying to get my website running the way it is supposed to. I need to name a multiplayer RPG game in order for my website to have its full purpose. So, here are my questions.

1. Will the members that play my game be able to interact with each other?

2. Can my main characters be animals, or do they have to be human?

3. Would I be able to make forests, portals, and a small chat box in the corner for member communication?

Thanks,
Morbid~Soul

1. Yes, but they have to use sign language. We don’t have networked audio. I recommend American Sign Language.

2. No, Panda does not support animal rendering, sorry. Humans only. You can do a pretty convincing gorilla, though.

3. Forests are supported, but everything has to be red. We never did get the green channel working properly. Portals work perfectly. Chatboxes, however, aren’t possible unless you purchase the additional Panda3D-plus package, which activates the DirectGui interface.

4. No, I’m just kidding about all that. Panda is a programming environment, not a click-and-assemble game kit. You can make anything you want with Panda, but you actually have to make it.

David

ok, thanks. That was all I needed to know.

drwr made a joke!!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:28 pm will go down in history!

Seriously. I read the first answer, and I was actually like “wait, what about text?”, and then by the second I thought, “okay, this one is a joke”. I took me until the 3rd to realize it was all a joke. That’s how unexpected that was. So great. :laughing:

Panda Forest

ROFL