Multiplayer online game

can’t open the website.
Just give another one.

Updated first post
This link takes you to the firts post:
panda3d.org/forums/viewtopic … sc&start=0

Great work so far!

Can I ask what you used to make your demo video?

fraps.com/

Good job btw=) I did find some strang things when I was testing the offline.

1. I don’t know what button I press, but I had to press something to get the player to start moving with the keyboard.

2. It seems I was having a hard time getting out of the menus when I click of them… so maybe having a [x] in the right of the window would be nice.

3. When you go up a ramp, there was no way back down to the ground?

4. I saw you put fowr instead of forward=)

Other than thos, it looks and feels nice=)Good job=)

1. Havent made a decent tutorial yet, but will. TAB is for menu/combat mode.

2. :slight_smile: there used to be close buttons but i thought they are not needed. The same way you open the menus the same way you can close them.

3. There sure was :wink:

4. It was written forw, as short for forward, but i can change it if it seems odd.

5. Thank you for testing it and thank you for posting.

Started to do a new arena map, first test run to view he size and placement:
youtube.com/watch?v=DJqMR22q1Mg

Updates in first post.
Cheers

Seriously, I LOVE the characters! From what I have seen of Panda3D in the community (do correct me if I am wrong) there’s a lack of decent animated characters.

I keep wishing someone would do something like this:

torquepowered.com/products/mack

…only better and for Panda3D.

I’d do it but I suck at Blender!

Anywho… I bet if you were to consider selling your character models as egg files with animations/textures (or even giving them away free if you are feeling nice!) you would get some bites. If the prices were reasonable and re-skinning was relatively painless, I’d buy for sure.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has just wanted a decent animated male or female 3d character for a Panda3D project.

Cheers,
Gary

Slowly wrapping things up:

youtube.com/watch?v=S2MuP3OzYGg

Have added spell sets, eq sets, stats.
Achievements are still in progress
And a more solid trainign groud is indeed needed.

Cheers

One word: Awesome! :smiley:
Can’t wait until it’s finished. Could you give a short overview on what you have already done and what you plan on doing until final release, please?

Re did the character textures:
youtube.com/watch?v=xzmk_vQXo5Y

Thank you, words like these come very handy in times when my motivation is low.

There is no final release, it’s always a final. In time it will just becomes more polished. Check the first post for more info and check the site in my signature.
[/quote]

Ui redesign:
youtube.com/watch?v=IZqFXk0Y … er&list=UL

If you want to see it in action get the game:
moba.ee
or click:
moba.ee/dlm.php

Hey, you do a great job. We need this to show off what Panda is capable of :slight_smile:

Just imagine this:
The more people see your game, the more people will be interested in Panda. And the more people are into Panda, the more potential partners you get. And the more devs on a project, the more can be archieved in shorter time. Following this scheme, your process will grow exponentially if you only continue working on your game :smiley:

Just watched your last video. Is that GUI all done in DirectGui? want the same >_<

No it just some home brew gui.
sourceforge.net/projects/mer/fil … p/download

But i think what you really liked are the bitmap images
as i could put them on top of DirectGui and it would look the same.

Cheers

I have to say the user interface looks superb. I’ve been putting off doing any serious gui work with Panda3d for a long time myself.

Hi,guys
I’m trying the same thing just my collision sucks atm and I have no “toons” for say just yet. Right now using just a box that has players name above their head, lol.

The networking will take the most time, trying to keep what you send simple. Don’t use words; use something like a number combo.

So impressive on this gameplay so far I find it interesting and I have so much in it.

nunchucks