Multiplayer online game

we’re not disappointed, but impressed you could make such a nice GUI with hammer and nails only

well, with nails and hammers (and quite alot of wood) one could build a whole house :wink:
ATM I can’t figure out how to do those trinkets you showed us but since I’m in holiday mode I guess I’ll try anyhow - thankyou for share it!

Doodling around with 1.7 and packp3d.

Running on a single machine:
gateway
arenamanager(still graphical for testing)
6x clients
3 separate 1v1 games(1v1 is a hack for testing)
all clients run solid 55-60fps

p3d client size 2.2mb.(so running in a browser should not be a problem)

Im happy to see this, so wanted to share.

Edit: Removed the evil big image

Test tutorial:
Explains how to make spells.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-X4pAYZ91k

Once in a while this web is up:
84.50.140.164/

Get the client from ‘media and downloads’.

Type in random name and password, click the arena icon,
create some spells, customize your looks and then
hope that there will be 3 more people doing the same(or repeat the process 3 times and play a 2v2 match alone :stuck_out_tongue:), as its a multiplayer only game and 4 is the minimum to make something happen.

To get a little better idea about spells watch:
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-X4pAYZ … re=channel

Thank you.

First steps in the World:
youtube.com/watch?v=WsCZ-sNf1TM

shiny! this stuff is so promising - a great panda3d showcase indeed

looks very promising :slight_smile:
download started…

the client-download doesnt finish for me (84.50.140.164/Myopia.p3d) :frowning:
but ill try again in a while…

For now there is no compatible client download available, all servers are in closed mode. Will let know if they become accessible.

Really great job. I hope I can get my game to look that good soon:P Atm, so many real world things going on, but I hope I can fixs out the last bugs to start working on newer stuff like that.

Sadly mines a fps onliner till I can work out more networking bugs to speed it up for the mmo half of it.

Spirit Guardian(Earth):

holy sheesh - that’s huge! :open_mouth:
can’t wait to have this stuff playable

hey i registered my account just to say this.
(who hasn’t read that before?)

I downloaded your file and tried to run it and this warning came up. I mean I did allow it but just fyi it was kinda “unsure”. When making a game I understood that if it gets caught by anti-virus or whatever as some “suspicious” program the user gets iffy about running it. I’m just saying your program got suspicious by threatfire.

Anyways great app and it looks great (from all the youtube videos i’ve been watching).

Edit: Image was too big, here’s a link instead.
i43.tinypic.com/hu1u0p.png

Your better off using Norton or something, Threat Fire seems fake to me.

Thank you for posting it. But i dont know what to do about it. Maybe its due to i have no registered name/domain, and the connection is made purely based on IP so no DNS servers are involved(bite me for my lack of knowledge).

But the bottom line is i dont know how to remove the suspiciousness.

I’m just gonna stick my head in here and say “Gosh! Good work lad!”

The fact that you have done it with, as you say, only hammer and nails makes it even more impressive. Keep up the good work.

Well, been very lazy last couple of months.

So just bumping so you would not consider me or this project M.I.A.

But the last thing i was doodling around with was container objects(the thingies where you will keep your eq + all kind of trading/looting).

Img description:
A character is trading with her own guardian(thats why the name is same).
Every character or charlike object has 4 enchantment/buff slots and 16 bag slots.

As the game will have fixed amount of resources(like fixed amount of gold/money) it will have very fixed number of container objects where you can keep your stuff.(No endless bags of holding or super safe banks)

Some bigger chunks from TODO:

• Finish container/trade/loot
  • Finish relationship management(guilds,brotherhoods,alliances,etc)
  • Finish building/crafting/gathering/zone control mechanics
  • Playtest the World :slight_smile:

Looking good tho ^^ Don’t feel bad. I been lazy on mine too. I work on it for a little while and then I get that… “I’ll do it later” mood lol.

Did you make all the models your self? Can I ask what what program you used? -Hopes you wont say Blender; lol-.

But blender it is. All home made. Blender is like my left arm, would’n know what to do without it :slight_smile:

I haven’t used any other 3D modelling soft but i am very happy with blender, it’s simple enough for me, and it does exactly what i want it to do.

For my current game i have done 4 character models for now. And modelling, rigging, texturing and animating is roughly one days work.(7 different anims for every char totalling in 28 anims)

PS. i love drawing, modelling and animating, it’s kinda like a trip to the candy land compared to coding. And don’t mistaken me, every single graphical content done for this project so far is more or less a placeholder, i haven’t put any real time and effort into visuals but i plan to…one day.