Mouse moving jerky in Windows

Hey

I’m trying make a little FPS demo with panda3D, but everytime Panda3D is running, the mouse seems to move very jerky. It doesn’t seem to be related to my code, as it also happens when i only open the panda viewer (like after the export). I tried to search the forums, but couldn’t find anything… Does anybody experience something similar?

cheers
Oliver

Do you have that same behaviour when running one of Panda’s exemple ?

badoli could you share here your code related to the mouse movement, especially the task loop assignment if you made one?

Yes, i have the same behaviour also when running the python samples. I tried several samples now aswell as the online demos, the same problem persists: The mouse seems to get a slight hickup the moment panda3d is running. Thats why i doubt it has anything to do with my coding.

At least it seems this problem is somehow connected to my computer, as on my laptop the mouse pointer seems to be fine. And i don’t have any problems with games, a lot of them run without any problems.

My machine:
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
2030MB RAM
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036)

It rather sounds like an issue with your graphics driver, more than anything else. Panda doesn’t really have anything to do with the system mouse pointer.

Do you get similar behavior with other 3-D applications?

David

True, it sounds like a driver problem, but again, i haven’t had any problems with other software. Neighter Games nor 3D Apps seem to have that issue. I updated my graphics driver two days ago (which didn’t have an effect on it) and today i updated directx… So far only panda3d causes it.

Bugger, this is really annoying.

instead you use the mousewatcher, try getpointer() (from graphicswindows) , this return the mouse pointer in pixels. if the getpointer works, then you have to calc the relation to your -1 1 axis by yourself.