Memory leak

There you go. The threshold is 200k. It’s streaming sounds from disk!

In the next version, I’ll make it so you can force the preloading of sounds.

Nice!

Another bug out from Panda3D! :slight_smile:
Do you know when the next version will be out?

Thanks for your great support Josh!

Jaff

Hey Josh,

I read that the pre-streaming problem that I discover in this thread was corrected in version 1.5.1.

I can’t find anywhere what I must call or the variable to change to make the pre-streaming works with like 3 Mo.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jaff

The variable to change the default threshold is:

audio-preload-threshold

Default value is now one million (ie, a megabyte). This config variable only affects OpenAL audio. I intend to add a command line option to loader.loadSfx - something along the lines of:

loader.loadSfx(“foo.mp3”, preload=True)

However, I have not added this as yet, so you have to use a more primitive API. The following is a temporary workaround until I add the API shown above.

To specify that a particular sound should NOT be preloaded:

sound = base.sfxManagerList[0].getSound(filename, positional, AudioManager.SMStream)

To specify that a particular sound SHOULD be preloaded:

sound = base.sfxManagerList[0].getSound(filename, positional, AudioManager.SMSample)

Hi Josh,

I tried all of that but my problem remains (pops and crack). I put 10 000 000 for the threshold and actually preload all my BIG sounds… I don’t understand but that’s not that bad.

If you are interested of knowing what is wrong with the sound (maybe a but with OpenAL), I will give you the link to my website.

Thanks for your help

Jaff