Maya 8.5 to .egg

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if i could get some help exporting maya to .egg.
I’ve already flagged the object and when I go to export it i can’t find the .egg file and nothing comes up in pview
Thanx :smiley:

Try using the command-line tool to make sure what’s happening–you’ll be able to know where the egg file ends up, and you’ll be able to see any error messages that are produced.

David

Thank you but now I’m getting an error saying

If Anyone could tell me what this is I would appreciate it very much.
Thanx

This is a Maya-provided DLL, required for running OpenMaya applications. Do you have OpenMaya installed? This is what Maya calls the set of libraries required for running standalone converters and such. It might be a separate installation from the main Maya application.

David

Yes I do have Openmaya installed and I’m Still getting the same error

Well, it’s complaining that it can’t find that DLL. Try using the Windows search tool to locate it. Is it found on your hard disk at all? If it is, is it in a folder within the folder named by MAYA_INSTALL_LOCATION in the Windows registry?

David

The DLL isnt even on my computer. Is there any way to get it?
Thanx for all the help by the way

Well, that’s part of OpenMaya. If it’s not on your computer, it appears you don’t have OpenMaya installed after all. Try re-installing it from the Maya disks.

David

Ok So I re installed maya and searched for MFC80 and found it but theres two of them and there located in this location

and this folder

[/quote]

I don’t think that’s related.

But I just realized I’ve been steering you wrong; my deepest apologies. MFC80.dll isn’t part of OpenMaya; it’s a standard Microsoft runtime DLL. It is a little surprising that Maya didn’t install it automatically, but whatever. You can google for it and install it yourself.

David

Hello Again
So I’ve Found the mfc80 file I’m just not sure where to to put it
Thanks

Put it in c:/windows/system32.

David

Thank you very much for all the help. I’ve been so confused about it and you’ve been such a great help. Thanks a ton.