Here are builds of the Maya 2012 exporter for OSX and Windows 64 Bit. Please test and let me know if they work. There’s also a slightly tweaked version of GUI to export from within Maya, with a handy “Panda3D” menu, the collision tag script, and a few other adjustments. Enjoy!
OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard: http://yousend.it/segqtp
Installation Instructions: Windows
The exporter folder can be put anywhere; on your desktop, in your home directory, at the root of the C: drive, inside your panda directory, wherever you like.
Edit the PATH environment variable to include the location of the exporter folder:
- R-click on “My Computer” in the Start Menu, choose “Properties”
- Click “Advanced system settings” (You will need an Administrator password)
- Click the “Environment Variables…” button
- Look for the “Path” variable. There are two: one in the “User variables” section, if you want to just install it for your own user account; and the “System variables” section if you want to make it accessible to all users.
- Select the “Path” variable item and click “Edit”
- Add the location of the exporter folder onto the end of the path. Path items are separated by semicolons.
C:\Program Files (x86)\CVSNT;C:\Users\ben\Desktop\MayaPandaExporter2012_64
Installation Instructions: Mac
- Uncompress the PandaExport folder and put it in your home directory.
** NOTE **
This location is important. The MEL script (MayaPandaUI.mel) will look for it here. This is a temporary hack until a better installation method gets figured out. If you want to change the location, just edit MayaPandaUI.mel and edit the export2egg() function. You can also edit your .profile to set up the paths if you want to do it that way.
Exporter GUI Mel Scripts
Copy the MEL scripts to your Maya scripts directory:
the MEL scripts are MayaPandaUI.mel and userSetup.mel
On Windows, the Maya scripts directory is:
On OSX, the Maya scripts directory is: