La granja de Los Poderosos *working on*

Hi. It has been a long time since the last time I posted something :slight_smile: (in fact, I couldn’t work in my game for around 3 months o_O :stuck_out_tongue:).

Whatever… I’ve come this time to thank all the Panda community for their help (although I’ve only asked very few things, I’ve been learning a lot from the forums ^_^) and, of course, it’s developers :slight_smile:.

This is the project I’m currently working on. It’s an Action RPG named “La granja de Los Poderosos” (spanish for “The farm of The Powerful” :stuck_out_tongue:).
This project is still under early stages of development, so there are a lot of things that I want to fix, pimp :stuck_out_tongue:, etc. but I think this is enough to show some of the features that make Panda so powerful yet so easy to use :mrgreen: .

The video

That was supposed to demonstrate :stuck_out_tongue::

• Input with a joystick via Pygame
  • LODs (Can you see the popping trees? :stuck_out_tongue:)
  • Collisions, collision handlers (I used the CollisionHandlerFloor and Push. No need for physics)
  • Skybox
  • GUI
  • And many other things I can’t remember now :stuck_out_tongue:

There are some things I want to change, but that should be later.

Also, here are some screenshots of the looooooong development process… ahm… I am the only one working on it :confused: and it has been painful at times to learn modeling, texturing, rigging, skinning, drawing a lot more things :confused:. That’s why I’m so proud about this: It has been 2 years or so to reach this stage of development :open_mouth: .
Anyway, let’s go to the pics :stuck_out_tongue::

My first pview :stuck_out_tongue: (the model was exported along with its animation)

First “conceptual” o_O tests

Now that’s better

(yup, 3 collision spheres were too much :stuck_out_tongue:. Now there’s only one ^_^)

(this is just silly, but I was bored on that day xD)

Of course there are more characters, but I’ve been trying the game with this redhead girl because she is going to be the smaller from all the party :stuck_out_tongue:

(obviously, those were not rendered with Panda)

Anyway… there’s a lot more I need to learn about Panda. Maybe I will be helping out other forum members and be an active user when I feel more comfortable with Panda ^_^.

And yes: It hasn’t been too hard. That’s why I love Panda ^o^.

That looks very nice. I hope it moves in some better direction! Keep up the good work. It allways good to get some people to help you at at this stage.

Thank you! :slight_smile:
I’ll keep the hard work until I get something worth playing :stuck_out_tongue:.

Your frame rate is very low but you know that…, may I ask what hardware you have and are going to be trying to get that better…

So far what you have looks great though not picking on FPS just curious is all…are you using flattenstrong ?

good going and best of luck :wink:)

cheers
nl

Oh, in fact the frame rate is limited.

I’m using

clock-mode limited
clock-frame-rate 24

in the config.prc file.

I limited the frame rate because it raises anytime you reach a place with few triangles or so and it looks horrible :confused: .

When not limited, the max frame rate I get is about 50 FPS.
Yup I have very old harware :stuck_out_tongue: (a 64 MB graphics card. For example, it doesn’t support shaders o_o).

Yay! I don’t feel alone anymore! It sounds like your hardware is the same as mine.

old!? … talking about old hardware… running a savage3 chip with 8mb grafic-ram.
roaming ralph-example is running quite well with ~40fps average. no need to mention that panda rox even on !REALLY! old hardware,too

but i’m surprised that limiting the framerate works for you. i always had trouble with it.