KeyMapper: a key-binding module, with GUI [Major update 5/2019]

And it works on your PC? Shouldnt those be maybe as extraArgs? In the manual those keywords are not mentioned, where did you find them?
https://docs.panda3d.org/1.10/python/programming/directgui/directoptionmenu

It does indeed!

I don’t think that DirectGUI widgets use extraArgs when being constructed, do they?

I honestly don’t recall–it’s been a while since I wrote this code. However, there are, I think, a few such keywords that can be inferred to exist. For example, I just tried out “popupMarker_hpr”, and it seems to work. (Use the “r” value to rotate the marker.)

Sorry, I didnt get to learning DirectGUI yet. I installed 1.10.8 and still same. Do you have latest version? Then it must be platform specific? Maybe once I get to fiddling with GUI, I might be able to help. Now, I learned that I should write comments for these keywords :smiley:

Not a problem! :slight_smile:

I believe that I do, yes.

Possibly, but I doubt it.

I’m more inclined to suspect that I have a modified version of DirectOptionMenu.py floating about my system somewhere–where that might be I don’t know offhand–that includes these features, and that’s being picked up invisibly.

In any case, if I recall correctly they’re not terribly useful in baseline DirectOptionMenu (as they’re lost when the menu is rebuilt), so I might just remove them and have done with it. The menu will be less pretty, but it’ll reliably work, I daresay!

Thank you for the offer! :slight_smile:

As I said, however, I’m more and more inclined to suspect that the disconnect is coming from a modified version on my end. That’s my best guess right now!

Correction: It looks like I can get non-English characters–but I’m getting some odd inconsistencies in which characters are produced. See the following thread for more on this:

@Pignon: Could I trouble you again to try out the recent update of KeyMapper, please? While, as per the above-linked thread, I’m not sure that I’m getting the expected characters in all cases, I hope that I have the events firing correctly, now.

No problemo. You fixed it! But the game is too hard!
edit: BTW what key is the “back” key?
edit2: Im impressed you also support my “flight_stick”, the game is a bit easier on gamepad than keyboard.

Ah, excellent! :smiley:

Whew, that’s a bit of a relief! ^^;

Hah, I have heard that! XD;

Well, you have the source code, you can always adjust it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aaaah… On a gamepad I think that it’s the “select” button.

Honestly, that’s more Panda’s accomplishment than mine! I just support whatever devices Panda gives me access to. But for my part in that support, thank you. :slight_smile:

Minor update:

I’ve fixed, I believe, an issue in which KeyMapper didn’t correctly identify “wheel” events as being related to a “mouse” device.