Is the tobspr Render Pipeline able to be used when building when building an executable

Is the tobspr pipeline able to be used when building an executable on Windows as shown in Distributing Panda3D Applications — Panda3D Manual ?

pipeline: GitHub - tobspr/RenderPipeline: Physically Based Shading and Deferred Rendering for the Panda3D game engine

Thanks!

At the moment, this is not possible for two reasons.

RP is in the form of a module with global import of libraries, which causes some difficulties. But this can be fixed by converting it into a direct import to the main file.

Another problem is that it uses the importlib library, which hides modules from the assembly system, the build system analyzes their names directly. But in this case, they are imported via a string parameter that is known only at runtime.

Good to know… thank you @serega-kkz

I don’t think this is a problem. It’s been done before. You have to copy the RenderPipeline into your game. Maybe @Yonnji has more advice.

There is no problem with using importlib in deployed games, but you may have to explicitly add modules that are imported this way.

1 Like

I doubt that you can pack full RP installation with all the assets into the single .exe file without some RP modifications. But you can put your RP installation into the game folder.

1 Like

@rdb do you think this rendering pipeline will ever be added into the main project?

1 Like

duh I have had the panda3d-simplepbr package installed into my venv for quite some time and didn’t realize that I was missing the init() in my code. It made a big difference/improvement right away.

I also want to know this.
The quality of tobspr’s RP is very facinating,I want to make a game with it and export an .exe file.
Can Pyinstaller work?