How to hide all console output?

Whenever I start my Panda3d application, i.e. initialise the ShowBase class, I get the following console output:

Known pipe types:
  wglGraphicsPipe
(all display modules loaded.)

The application works fine, so I would like to suppress these lines.
How can I disable/hide this output?

Also, what does this mean exactly?

Thanks in advance!

Panda loads the display modules that have been specified in the Config.prc file (through load-display and aux-display lines) and lists which ones are available for rendering. Examples are the “pandagl” module, which makes the “wglGraphicsPipe” rendering pipeline available on Windows (the OpenGL renderer), and the “pandadx8” and “pandadx9” modules (with the respective DirectX renderers).

If you really wish to hide this information, you can start Panda with “window-type none” to prevent it from creating the window, calling base.makeDefaultPipe(printPipeTypes=False), and then calling base.openDefaultWindow() to open the window afterward.

You can also just set:

notify-output log.txt

in your Config.prc file to tell Panda to send this and all other notify output to the file log.txt, instead of to the console window. I don’t think there’s an option to turn off the output altogether, though; but there probably ought to be.

David

Thank you very much for your replies.
I tried it with this approach now:

class SupaTrupaGame(ShowBase):

## Class constructor.
	def __init__(self):
		loadPrcFileData("", "window-type none")
		self.makeDefaultPipe(printPipeTypes = False)
		self.openDefaultWindow()

However, that way I get the following error: AttributeError: SupaTrupaGame instance has no attribute ‘pipe’.

Have I missed something here?

Add

ShowBase.__init__(self)

as the first line of your own init function. You might have to put it after your PRC commands.

Thanks, that did the trick for me!